Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some electronics installations which will require me to remove parts of the dash trim and the trim that goes along the doors and foot well areas. I am pretty sure that stuff is secured with the little "snap clips" and whatnot but I don't want to just go in there and start yanking things apart. With my luck, I will break something and have to buy a replacement. So getting to my question...does anyone know where I can find some sort of instructions or diagrams that show the proper way to remove those trim pieces? There has to be something out there so installers and techs know the correct way to remove these items without damaging them. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I found those instructions on a technical service information service such as AllData DIY and other similar online databases.

While Subaru's STIS is the real deal, it's extremely expensive and the best alternative (IMO) are the cheaper online databases of the FSM as they don't charge an arm and a leg for the info.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you go here...... Subaru XV Crosstrek Speaker Upgrade (Part No: H631SFJ000)

Click on installation instructions you will get a PDF from subaru. Most of the accessories you are able purchase have these PDFs. The above are for speakers. This one details the door panel removal. Look at the install for the subwoolfer to detail removing the radio on trim and so on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Click on installation instructions you will get a PDF from subaru. Most of the accessories you are able purchase have these PDFs. The above are for speakers. This one details the door panel removal. Look at the install for the subwoolfer to detail removing the radio on trim and so on.
Aha! Good idea. Now I just need to find something that has the panels in the rear cargo compartment! Thanks for that tip!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a chilton manual from a 2012+ Impreza. To my knowledge it's compatible with the XV since they're the same car with some exterior and suspension differences. For interior work there shouldn't be any difference between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts