Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics I took after coming back from the DMV...

[hr]

[hr]
Pulled over at this random rock cairn along side the road and found out that General Lafayette passed through this way apparently...

[hr]
A pic of my Crosstrek and my friends new FJ

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice. Are we going to be seeing offroading videos with the Crosstrek and FJ now?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CrossTrekFan said:
Nice. Are we going to be seeing offroading videos with the Crosstrek and FJ now?
Well the couple that owns the FJ just joined up with an FJ offroading group to learn the ropes. I think I'd enjoy some light trail driving in the crosstrek, but I don't think I could keep up with the more extreme stuff the group does! I'm sure I'll have some pics in the future of these two cars doing some camping together. After comparing paint colors, my friend's gf declared them to be cousins!

·
Registered
500 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks great. You should see how long you can keep up with the FJ'ers, if they'll have ya!
We'll see! We did find out that the clearance on the Crosstrek is only 1 in less than the stock FJ.
Oh that's good to know! I passed an FJ yesterday (they're only slightly more common around here than the XV) and thought it looked like it had so much more clearance than my XV.

Glad to know my jealousy was almost completely unwarranted

Edit: whoops, too many quotes

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chasem said:
AlexAlejan said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks great. You should see how long you can keep up with the FJ'ers, if they'll have ya!
We'll see! We did find out that the clearance on the Crosstrek is only 1 in less than the stock FJ.
Oh that's good to know! I passed an FJ yesterday (they're only slightly more common around here than the XV) and thought it looked like it had so much more clearance than my XV.

Glad to know my jealousy was almost completely unwarranted

Edit: whoops, too many quotes
I think it just seems like a lot more clearance because it is such a bigger vehicle and the passengers sit higher within the body.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm amazed at how small my Crosstrek looks when parked next to full size SUVs. It doesn't feel small in any way but park it next to a new Ford Explorer and it looks absolutely tiny.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
I'm amazed at how small my Crosstrek looks when parked next to full size SUVs. It doesn't feel small in any way but park it next to a new Ford Explorer and it looks absolutely tiny.
A few of us were talking about it in another thread. The Crosstrek looks pretty small compared to other SUVs, but once you get in it, it feels much bigger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.