Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 Baffling noise issue. My 2013 XV Premium has 67,000 miles. No offroad. Have a light "hammering" noise under car when turning. My first thought was "axle"; except the noise is 'Intermittent', not effected by braking/accelerating; and strangest of all - seems to 'shift' from side to side / front to back. (!) Anybody else going BONKERS with this? :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't matter. Sounds exactly like a "clicking" c/v joint...except; "intermittent"? Probably not. Torque, brakes, e-brake; no difference. Pulled off every flimsy 'shield' in sight. Had a similar noise in front; broken 'pushpin' in fender well. Wondering about the rear differential. (limited slip "chatter"?) No service in 67,000 miles, because Subaru says you don't have to! Same for CVT. I don't believe them. Servicing both soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Newer Subaru vehicles tend to have open front and rear differentials, so LSD issues aren't possible unless you have a manual transmission, which has a viscous-coupling center differential. Issues can also still arise from the multi-plate transfer clutch pack on Lineartronic CVT models due to improper tire maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts