Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TapTurn Module
I don't know if any of you guys are used to having cars where you tap the turn signal and it blinks 3 times. But for people who drive the highway it is a great feature.
I installed one in my 14 XV yesterday and it works great. Very easy mod but a little on the pricey side. Cost me just under 100.00 shipped.
This has been done on some of the other forums but i didn't see anything here that is why I created the post. It has some other features that some people might find useful but i just got it for
the blinker option.
Here is the link if some of you guys want to check it out.
autowindow.com

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just installed mine on Sunday.
I love it !!
I posted it already in the exterior mods forum.
it's a bit spendy but i really missed the feature from my last car and when i discovered it I just had to have it !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
so it gives the auto flash and it seems it also add solid flasher lighting for x time when un/locking the car?

these are 2 things I would really like to have but at $89 .... no I think I really would like to have those 2 changes.

on a scale of 1 to 10 what is the install difficultly rating on this?

on a scale of 1 to dont tell my wife 8) this might be a dont tell my wife.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You unplug the oem flasher module and plug this one in...thats it....
I did not get the strobe version mine is just the standard tap turn/slow hazzard and wig wag hazzard.
My signal lites used to stay on until i switched over my car to all LED indicators and now the signal lites don't come on when i lock the doors i dunno why?? but it didn't bother me.
I was mainly interested in the tap turn feature. I have set mine to flash 4 times as it is programmable.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't impress with it and return mine. I'm use to just flipping the turn stalk back after changing lanes. If you're trying to locate it, it's right below the steering wheel mounted on the back side of the dash. If you raise the steering wheel & slide the driver seat back. Flip on the turn single or flashers you can feel it clicking. It's held on by one plastic pin ( it's shaped like an arrow) that is hanging from the steel frame of the dash. To free it you need to wiggle and pull down. The harness that plugs into it. To release it you need two plastic tie wraps or cardboard strips slid under both black locking tabs. The third white tab you push down to release harness from relay. I don't understand why they've got to have so many locking latches on one item. Have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts