Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtu.be/9oB3s1aet74

We just had to try driving through the road that hadn't been plowed & only 1 other vehicle had driven through it the other set of tracks are ours from the 1st go through! I love this crosstrek...I will definitely be getting one when we pay this one off! It went through 10 inches or so of snow like no big deal :)

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Just another day of Subaru weather for you 8)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
josemendez said:
ohhhhhhh, you did not stop at that stop sign.... :eek: lol. Good to know that it will be fine in the snow.
lol yeah hubby was driving while I was recording...that's the street we live on (the one that was plowed) but he did look before pulling out..it's not a busy road at all ;) But the crosstrek does awesome in the snow! yeah when hubby watched video he's like you recorded me running a stop sign!lol Well he wanted me to record driving through the snow so I did!haha

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ClubCrosstrek said:
Good video, thanks for posting! Is it still snowing there?
It's not snowing today. After all was said & done we got 11-12 inches..Now they are saying we have another storm heading in sunday nite/Monday/Tuesday they are not sure when but somewhere in that time frame so should be interesting. So hubby will have no problems getting to work since he has the crosstrek but me on the other hand it SUCKS!!!lol Hopefully if it's too bad again then whenever the storm hits I'll have more snow days so then I won't have to worry about getting out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great video - thanks for sharing!
In STL I had my Crosstrek in the snow for the first time this week - handles it like a champ!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
eammon said:
Great video - thanks for sharing!
In STL I had my Crosstrek in the snow for the first time this week - handles it like a champ!
They do handle like a champ don't they! This is our 1st Subaru & awd...have to say I'm REALLY impressed! I've had 4 wheel drive & front wheel drive but they don't compare to the Subaru!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the misfortune last night of getting stuck in about 12 inches of snow after skiing yesterday. All sorts of cars were having trouble getting out of there and I thought I would be fine in my Subaru but sure enough, my stock tires were not up to the task. I simply couldn't get the momentum going and the wheels were just spinning and creating ice (I tried VDC on and off), I ended up having to dig out in front of the tires a foot or two with my e-tool that I keep on board for just such occasions. I had no problems driving on the unplowed roads after that as long as I kept the momentum going.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Poego said:
I had the misfortune last night of getting stuck in about 12 inches of snow after skiing yesterday. All sorts of cars were having trouble getting out of there and I thought I would be fine in my Subaru but sure enough, my stock tires were not up to the task. I simply couldn't get the momentum going and the wheels were just spinning and creating ice (I tried VDC on and off), I ended up having to dig out in front of the tires a foot or two with my e-tool that I keep on board for just such occasions. I had no problems driving on the unplowed roads after that as long as I kept the momentum going.
Bummer you couldn't get going initially, but it happens to even the best of them. At least once you were moving the Crosstrek didn't have an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts