Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

What are your thoughts on the Hybrid after owning one for a while?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several thoughts on this car, but it ultimately falls on reliability and the strength of the car's character which decides on what I will be doing. And for that I am doing this poll for the new XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring (2014).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a hybrid touring and I love it. Traded in an Audi A3 for it. This car is without a doubt my favorite car ever. May be less about the Hybrid and more about the fact that this is my first Subaru. The only thing I don't like is that currently they don't have an authorized hitch. I'm working through this but my local dealer told me this would violate the warranty.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
svowels said:
I have a hybrid touring and I love it. Traded in an Audi A3 for it. This car is without a doubt my favorite car ever. May be less about the Hybrid and more about the fact that this is my first Subaru. The only thing I don't like is that currently they don't have an authorized hitch. I'm working through this but my local dealer told me this would violate the warranty.
My dealer said the opposite. He would even have his guys install it too... Weird. I don't know if they want the sale, or they really support the XV and mods?

???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a Hybrid Touring and really enjoy it! For me it drove better than the non-turbo Forester and non-hybrid Crosstrek. I do like the low end torque the electric motor provides and also the sharp response from the steering. As far as reliability, I had some concerns with the hybrid system, but the more I read the more I found that Subaru did a good job in planning this mild hybrid system. Also the hybrid battery is guaranteed for minimum 8 years (depends on your State). So I did buy it because I like to keep my cars at minimum 12 years. For me it came to down to the ride and Subaru's past reputation, but I realize this may be different for others.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reviving another old thread...maybe...

I leased my '14 Hybrid and thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. Alas I gave it back in June of '17, thinking I would not have too long to wait for the next generation of Hybrid. However, it looks like, here in Canada, we won't be getting the new PHEV until much later this year. Looking forward to it.

But I haven't decided yet whether to lease again, or purchase. I had never leased a vehicle before until the '14 Hybrid, new technology and all. Always purchased. Still pondering...I have time so am interested in what others think, and what others experience with this new PHEV. Seems like a great vehicle from what I've seen so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my new Crosstrek Plug-in hybrid!!! I leased my Bolt EV but decided to purchase the Subaru Plug-in. Rated at only 17 miles of pure EV range before switching over to hybrid mode but it should do better in the warmer months. Really that's all I need now that I am retired I just drive locally with it most of the time. I make 2 or 3 local trips a day so I just plug it in after each trip and it ends up giving me way more than 17 miles of EV driving per day. I found when the car is in hybrid mode quite a bit of it runs in EV mode as long as I drive conservatively. So far I have 440 miles on the car and still have a 1/2 tank of gas remaining. So I'm not doing bad considering it's only a 13 gallon tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts