Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just want to give you all a few images of the toys that have been installed on our XV thus far. Nothing extravagant or exciting, just a few pictures for color purposes mainly.

The Subaru Installed Accessories, SPT Parts, and the Additional parts that we purchased from the Dealer include: Front Sport Mesh Grille, Rear Spoiler, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Kicker Speaker and Tweeter Upgrades (No Sub), Leather Shift Knob, Window Deflectors, Trailer Wiring Harness, SPT Oil Cap Grey, SPT Battery Tie Down Grey, Underhood Insulation, Outback H11 Foglight Conversion, and the Center Console Armrest Shelf.

The Aftermarket upgrades and cosmetic accessories include: TWM Short Shifter, Torklift Eco Hitch, K&N Drop-in Filter, Rear Debadged, Weathertech Floor Liners Front and Rear, Yakima Round Bar Rack, 3M 8mil Clear Wrap on the Hood-Bumper-Fenders-Mirrors-Headlights-Foglights-and-Rear Inner Door Jams (Dog), 3M 20% Window Tint on the Fronts Plus Windshield Visor, a Carbon Vinyl Upper Eyelid Headlight Wrap, Sylvania ZXE High, Low, and H11 Foglight Beams, All Turn Signals converted to the Chrome/Amber Bulbs, Reverse Bulbs changed to Sylvania Silverstars, the Front Forward facing Parking Bulb changed to Amber, Bosch Icon Blades, Universal Faux Leather/Suede Front Seat Covers, Rear Seat covered with the Eddie Bauer Dog Bench Seat cover cut and more supporting added, a Universal Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip cut to fit, the generic Black front Bumper Plugs, Cusco Shortie Antenna, and the ever so important Rally Armor Mudflaps in Black with the Red Logo.

A Skid Plates and Light Bar would be amazing, but again time and moreso financials don't allow either. It may also take away from the Sport look that Sarah prefers, so it would be a hard sell.

As pictures become available I will include them. For now I am going to reserve a few posts just to keep things together.

The Front Bumper Plugs are a touch too big when they come out of the package. For $1.20 they are worth buying, using the touch-up paint if you want, and plugging the factory molded holes can finish the front bumper. BEFORE you use the touch-up paint on them I found it easiest to simply take a fine blade thin Sawzall/Hacksaw blade and create a groove on opposite sides in the back of the female side of the plug, at 12 and 6. This cut doesn't have to go all the way through the mount, certainly not all of the way to the plug face, but at least 2/3rds of the way to make it fit. That little gap gives a snug fit in the factory openings.

One funny side note with the ID Badges removed from the trunk area. We have experienced more and more people questioning us as to "What type of Subaru is that?" It gives us a reason to explain the "New Design" as too many people label it. I love having the clean trunk and as more of our XVs hit the road the questions will lessen.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally I planned to have the top of the headlight wrapped to color match the XV, but all of the vinyls were the wrong color. I saw the Carbon vinyl and decided that it looked the best. Our XV claddings kind of/sort of looks like a funky Carbon weave if you stare at them long enough. I truly dislike the Chrome look on our XV and that was the best way to cover. The second fact is that most headlights begin to fade on the top, so that was another motivating factor to protect the top of the headlight.

I have included a picture of the Passenger Front Upper Parking Light Bulb mount for the Headlights. It is almost impossible to get your hand in there without removing the headlight housing. I figured out that you can take the longest and thickest Flat Head Screwdriver to loosen and remove that connector. Reinstalling the Bulb is a challenge, but much more manageable than trying to do it with your hand.

The last picture is the H11 Foglight Conversion pattern difference. Closest side is the H11, the Lower Farthest Side is the PSX24w factory bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Taillight removal images, chromed turn signal bulbs, and Silverstar Reverse Bulbs.

The Cusco Shortie Antenna in Black.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have provided a better write-up on the TWM Short Shifter Install under the Transmission Forum. Here is a quick link: http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,578.0.html

When you install the SPT Oil Cap you will need to remove the rubber gasket from the Yellow Fill Cap, for the money that you pay for this toy it should have been included. Who knew...

Just a universal fit Pilot Stainless Steel Exhaust tip facing downwards. It took a bit of creativity to make this fit and actually work without restricting the exhaust angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Subaru Deflectors on our Dark Grey.

A few images of the Yakima Rack, with and without the Thule 1600 Cargo Box.

Also, an image of the 3M 20% Front Window Tinting, from interior to exterior. The rear windows have the factory Subaru Darkening so that you can get a reference if you decide to tint the front windows.

These are the $32 set of Advance Auto Parts Universal front seat and headrest covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rally Armor Mudflaps are truly priceless, they will protect the side of our XV like nothing else.

The Torklift EcoHitch and Subaru Trailer Wiring Harness.

Most recently we upgraded to the Subaru Leather Shift Knob. It has a much cleaner finish with a definitive seamed feel.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would love to see pictures of the WT window deflectors, pictures of both a few feet away to get the feel of how they look and up close to see their fit and installation on an XV, if that's something you can swing. If so, thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
gotta get me some of those bumper plugs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts