Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a Crosstrek. Up until now I have been driving a manual transmission vehicle. Recent knee replacement is making me think of moving to a vehicle with an automatic transmission. I would like Navigation and a sunroof. I drive about 10k a year and a certified vehicle would be a plus.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for when inspecting the car. Any troublesome areas that I should pay particular attention to any are any years better than others?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Go for the 2018 or 2019 Limited. My 2019 came with a great nav package.
This is my 3rd Subaru, but my first automatic transmission. The CVT in the Crosstreks SUCK if you are used to driving a manual. They really do. I've been at my whit's end with it. Even stopped using it as my daily driver until a friend suggested that I try the paddle shifters!! Bingo!! Still not as good as the actual manual, but certainly better than the blue-hair special automatic CVT.
There are SO many more things right about the Crosstrek than wrong. Hope you join the Crosstrek family!
Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go for the 2018 or 2019 Limited. My 2019 came with a great nav package.
This is my 3rd Subaru, but my first automatic transmission. The CVT in the Crosstreks SUCK if you are used to driving a manual. They really do. I've been at my whit's end with it. Even stopped using it as my daily driver until a friend suggested that I try the paddle shifters!! Bingo!! Still not as good as the actual manual, but certainly better than the blue-hair special automatic CVT.
There are SO many more things right about the Crosstrek than wrong. Hope you join the Crosstrek family!
Regards,
Keith
Thanks for the advice. I have set my sights on a Limited and will see if I can swing for a 18 or 19.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts