Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The XV Hybrid tire is the Yokohama Geolandar G91FV in P225/55R17 95H with a UTQG rating of:
Treadwear: 320
Traction: A
Temperature: A

It has same characteristics as the regular XV tires, the Yokohama Geolandar G95 A in P225/55R17 95H
* same tire size
* same load and speed rating
* same treadwear rating
* same temperature rating

Differences unique to the XV Hybrid tires compared to the regular XV tires
* lower rolling resistance "BluEarth" technology
* higher traction rating

I don't have an XV Hybrid, but I have contemplated switching to the Hybrid tires considering it has a lower rolling resistance and higher pavement traction rating. However, I'm under the impression that the regular G95A tires on the regular XV's are more capable off-road, which I do use my XV off-roading.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWD Freak, thanks for filling in the specs. The one spec I could not find was road noise, so I looked for ths pics to confirm my hunch that the low resistance variant had a continuous center strip.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
I realized the other day that the dealership replaced ONE tire with the G91. I can tell you that it has less traction off road. I used to always slip in the front left first. Then I started slipping in the rear left. It followed the tire rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This brings up the possibility of tuning the handling by running two front and two back, but the people who are after that degree of traction have probably upgraded tires all around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts