Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my crosstrek today! ;D It will be my first subaru, first brand new car, and the first car I've bought on my own. I've been lurking on this board for awhile, making sure the crosstrek was the right choice for me, and all the helpful information on here has lead me to believe it definitely is. So thanks everyone!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations! Be sure to post pics when you can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoops...things got busy. But I'm loving my crosstrek so far!!! :D :D

My one complaint is that at speeds over 65 or 70, when there is a crosswind, I got an annoying intermittent high pitched whine that appears to be coming from the windshield. Does anyone else have this problem? Did resealing then windshield help? I'm taking it on a long road trip in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure that noise could make me insane after awhile, so I'd love to get it fixed before my trip.

The CVT is taking me some time to get used to, but I know I'll like it once I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
wonderfuller said:
Whoops...things got busy. But I'm loving my crosstrek so far!!! :D :D

My one complaint is that at speeds over 65 or 70, when there is a crosswind, I got an annoying intermittent high pitched whine that appears to be coming from the windshield. Does anyone else have this problem? Did resealing then windshield help? I'm taking it on a long road trip in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure that noise could make me insane after awhile, so I'd love to get it fixed before my trip.

The CVT is taking me some time to get used to, but I know I'll like it once I do.
Congrats on getting it! As far as the high pitched whine, that doesn't seem normal. I drove my XV from NC to CA and, now at ~12k miles, still have never noticed anything like that. Sure there is some wind noise at speeds, but nothing out of the ordinary that bothers me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts