Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my moms 4x4 decided to stop working in f-150 and called me to tow her out of the driveway she was stuck in(it snowed 5" of heavy wet snow here on CNY last night). Well only to find out my crosstrek has no where but the rear suspension to hook chains up to. Now I'll have a tow package here once spring decides to show up so ill have the chain hooks on that, but I'm wondering if there are any aftermarket front tow hooks available on the market somewhere?

·
Registered
927 Posts
They are behind the small square pop outs on front and rear bumpers. The tow eye is in the spare tire compartment in the tool pouch.
Pop off the cover and screw to tow eye in

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Xtrekr said:
They are behind the small square pop outs on front and rear bumpers. The tow eye is in the spare tire compartment in the tool pouch.
Pop off the cover and screw to tow eye in

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Whats the best way to pop those out? I'm figuring I'll end up using them to tie town the front and back of my kayak once I get a roof rack. Can you pop them out from behind, or do they need pried out?

·
Registered
500 Posts
manual says to use a flathead screwdriver covered in a thin cloth to pry them out.

And you'd need an additional tow hook if you want to use them to tie down front and rear at the same time

·
Registered
800 Posts
chasem said:
manual says to use a flathead screwdriver covered in a thin cloth to pry them out.

And you'd need an additional tow hook if you want to use them to tie down front and rear at the same time
Thanks for the info. I would have felt pretty foolish popping that cap off only to find nothing to tie down to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.