Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT and congrats!!!! I have notice on occasion that there seems to be times I have to close it harder than others... haven't figured out why as of yet....

·
Registered
79 Posts
emmyhairlewis said:
So far love this car. Desert Khaki ltd. Have found that I have to slam the hatch pretty hard to close. Anyone else?
Welcome, glad you found us.

I'm going to agree with Hector4Christ that air compression is the cause. There is commonly a flapper valve beneath the rear seat which is meant to vent this compressed air as you close the tail-gate. It will probably become easier as you use the hatch more. A quick test to see if this is the issue is to crack open your drivers side window and try closing the hatch. That should make an easier escape route for the air being compressed as the hatch closes. If it is indeed easier that way, case closed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes I discovered it early on when my door light stayed on. I've developed 2 habits--1. Close the hatch with a door open; 2. I use the hatch handle to pull it down but I push on the Subie logo to actually close the hatch.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the club, emmy! Congrats on the purchase, the desert khaki is an amazing color. We would love to see some pictures of it if you get a chance.

As for the hatch, I haven't really had an issue with it but maybe I just am used to it and never thought about it. Either way, I am sure it will loosen up a little as it gets worn in.

Thank you for signing up!

·
Registered
354 Posts
XVEwing said:
Yes I discovered it early on when my door light stayed on. I've developed 2 habits--1. Close the hatch with a door open; 2. I use the hatch handle to pull it down but I push on the Subie logo to actually close the hatch.
that's how I close ours also hatch handle then the subie logo otherwise I don't close it hard enough!

welcome emmyhairlewis to the group. We also have the desert khaki limited love it :) Enjoy your car and the group!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! I have had the same problem myself with the hatch not closing the first time, but I have done the same thing as others have been mentioning and close it with the handle, then give the Subaru logo a little push to finish it off ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the suggestions about closing the hatch. Sorry to disappoint, but no I'm not a celebrity. I'm EmmyHAIRLewis, not Emmy Lou Harris. But I do sing pretty good. ;D

·
Registered
820 Posts
emmyhairlewis said:
Thanks for all the suggestions about closing the hatch. Sorry to disappoint, but no I'm not a celebrity. I'm EmmyHAIRLewis, not Emmy Lou Harris. But I do sing pretty good. ;D
Thats Ok! Thought I caught you hiding there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts