Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Has anyone else had issues with the TPMS system not working correctly? I have 12,500 miles on the car and we have found that there is a problem with the system not talking to the sensors properly and kicking on the light and flashing it for a period of time before staying solid then finally turning off. I check the tires and they are all good and finally took it inane after another 5 service visits, I have corporate involved. I've had the issue with the ECU also so I've had 10 visits to the service shop, ot happy.

Hs anyone else had sensor issues? Resolution?

Thanks

·
Registered
820 Posts
I haven't had any electrical issues Chuck....but I hate it when you buy something new and have nothing but problems. I've been there and I know it is maddening. I hope they can figure it out for you and make it right so you can actually enjoy it. At some point- and I hate to suggest it- but there are Lemon Laws. Not sure of your states particular wording or enforcement. It does sound like you've been back several times for the same problem. This is exactly the kind of thing that might get you a brand new Crosstrek or Subaru having to buy back your vehicle for exactly what you paid. I went though it once with a Pontiac. Wasn't too big a deal. No manufacturer is immune to issues and you, the consumer, shouldn't have to go to service as if you own a 20 year old vehicle.

Good luck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wait... We have TPMS? Where is the readout for the air pressure?

·
Registered
820 Posts
We don't have a readout- at least I don't ( no navigation) we will only get a warning light illuminated in the dash- Basically a parenthesis around a exclamation point. It won't even tell you what tire. It's just up to individual to check all tires at that point.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sorry to hear this Chuck.... Have all the sensors been checked/replaced? They do fail at times. I have not had any fail on me, but I have heard of it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
RubySu said:
We don't have a readout- at least I don't ( no navigation) we will only get a warning light illuminated in the dash- Basically a parenthesis around a exclamation point. It won't even tell you what tire. It's just up to individual to check all tires at that point.
Well that bites. Kinda figured there wasn't a data display. I was looking on eBay for a wireless TPMS data information gadget. There are a few out there that will send the pressure read out to a mountable gadget.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Twist2Stop said:
TPMS systems. More headache than they are worth and all cars are going to have them soon!
Headaches abound. My 2005 corvette's TPMS was tied the the traction control. If there was a bad sensor, then the traction control would shut off the active handling. Or something like that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the second issue that has resulted in multiple service visits.

The system is reading out that one sensor is not communicating with the 'hub' and that sensor has been replaced twice...still doing it.

Lemon law could be invoked for this car, twice! I'm working with New Jersey now so we will see what they come up with. Very easy to deal with the corp customer support, happy to have Amy helping me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I certainly hope they resolve your problems in a timely fashion. Though it seems the ship has already sailed on that. Keep us posted if you can.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Not a fun time, Chuck, sorry to hear it. I haven't had any TPMS issues on my Trek or on my old G35 that had it. However, I wouldn't say that it is a necessary function as it has never helped me out at all...just something extra to break!

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I failed to report the resolution and problem....here goes.

Subaru USA found put that if you have a USB adaptor into your 12V power in the center armrest, it can interfere with the TPMS sensors. I removed the adaptor and the light never came back on. It's been almost 4 months so, it is the fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts