Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get set of snow tires for the winter. If I get a TPMS kit installed on the wheels, I'll have to make trips to a tire shop to reset the sensors each time I swap the wheels/tires, which is a pain. Was looking up TPMS tools to do it myself, but they're all pretty expensive ($120+).

Can anyone recommend one that's lower cost than this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to look into clone-able TPMS. That's what I did. You get a shop to match them to the stock sensors once then you don't have to worry about it when you swap seasonally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
While it's technically illegal for a tire shop to mount non-tpms wheels on a tpms car (so they say) I mounted my own sans tpms. The light comes on but I just ignore it. I check the pressure just like the old days & have had no problems. When spring comes I switch back to the normal tires w/ the tpms & the computer resets by itself. 6 winters & 100K miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to look into clone-able TPMS. That's what I did. You get a shop to match them to the stock sensors once then you don't have to worry about it when you swap seasonally.
Had no idea these existed. That would be the ideal solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts