Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I tried searching in the forum but didn't find an answer, so I guess I'll have to ask.

This is my 1st Subaru, I'm coming from a Wrangler. When I switched rims and tires in my Jeep I had Discount put in new TPMS Sensors and did not have them program them or anything, they learned themselves or something.

So my question is this: when I go to buy another set of rims and tires I want to keep the stock set for winter usage and use the aftermarkets for summer. How is that going to work with the TPMS Sensors? Will I be able to just switch sets whenever I want and the car will pick up the new sensors? Or do I need to bring to a shop every time I switch wheels and have somethi g programmed?
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, forgot to add that it's a 2021 X-Trek Sport

·
Registered
3 Posts
They will need to program them. Not a big deal if done at a shop. My wife has a 2020 Crosstrek hybrid. That had different sensors than her 2015 Crosstrek Hybrid so her old set of winter rims didn’t pair up. New sensors and programming and good to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They will need to program them. Not a big deal if done at a shop. My wife has a 2020 Crosstrek hybrid. That had different sensors than her 2015 Crosstrek Hybrid so her old set of winter rims didn’t pair up. New sensors and programming and good to go.
From what I've read, and if I understood it correctly they changed the frequency of the TPMS Sensors in 2017, so it makes sense that you'd need new sensors

·
Registered
3 Posts
From what I've read, and if I understood it correctly they changed the frequency of the TPMS Sensors in 2017, so it makes sense that you'd need new sensors

Yep. Dealership couldn’t figure it out. The power of Google and a Tirerack order later, she was good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts