Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took this,

I no longer use this setup. I felt there was too much play at highway speeds. I take it apart and stuff it in the cargo area now. ;)

drove a 170 miles in the rain to see this at the entrance.

talked to the ranger and said there was another park 5 miles down the road that was open.

After a few miles on the trails at that park I came up on these. They were eating corn and bread. Didn't know deer ate bread. who knew!

It was nice to do some bike riding, get dirty, and see some critters.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. I've had my mountain bike growing spiderwebs in the garage for a few years now. Every time I see pics like these it inspires me to take it to the shop and get it fixed up and ready to ride again. Maybe one day I'll follow through...

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's looks great. Amazing how tame those deer are.

I can't really tell from the picture but what racks do you have on the roof?

I use a Thule Pro-ride 591 for my bikes and they are extremely stable even driving at speeds in excess of 130km/ph

·
Registered
500 Posts
ahh man I haven't been mountain biking in nearly 3 months. gotta make it happen.

Love the pictures, and glad your rained-out trip didn't end that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go through phases pending on work and the weather. I'll get into bike riding for a while, then its kayak fishing, amateur wildlife photography, and caught the RC helicopter and RC trucks "bug" last year. ;)

hardcore fishing!

"fragile"

"hand painted canopy, skids, and tail"

Peace9r,
"I can't really tell from the picture but what racks do you have on the roof?"

I have the factory bike rack. It feels pretty solid. Its the oval clamps that are used to secure the rack to the factory rail. They feel a little weak.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I spy your Blade Nano. I love those things. I also have one as well as a 450 I'm learning (AKA crashing). Interestingly, I also have the same bike rack setup yet-to-be-installed, and some of my friends call ME BigE. Weird.
I don't fish though, so we must be different people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts