Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put an aftermarket trailer hitch on my 2019 Crosstrek Premium. Want to keep it up close as possible to the frame, willing to cut open rear bumper cover to keep it custom looking. I don’t want it to drop below the back bumper cover like the one in this pic. Please see attached pic. Any suggestions will be appreciated. TIA.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
42 Posts
Since the hitch companies make them to not interfere with OEM panels, you may be in for quite a search.
If you find one, that would be great. Be prepared for a big bill with the trailer wiring harness. They are insane.
Happy Shopping.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited 2.5, 2"lift, AT3's, Crawford Exhaust/crashbar, Baja Designs LP6s/Fogs, rack/a
6 Posts
I have the Ecohitch Stealth hitch and love it.

I followed this guy for the wiring and for the install for help.....
Watch "Torklift Eco hitch Sealth 2020 Subaru Crosstrek" on YouTube

With the hitch removed you wouldn't even know I had one.

Hope this helps.

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Tread

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2014 Crosstrek 5 speed manual. Primitive racing lift, Bilstein B6 struts/shocks, Borla exhaust.
33 Posts
Ecohitch. I have a 2014 that has the pop out in the bumper cover for the receiver hitch. Which is cool because it's higher up than other brands that come out under the the bumper. And you can put the plug in when not using it so you can't tell it's there. The newer model with the drop down for new Crosstreks looks pretty slick. Both are easy to install without major drilling, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts