Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice as to whether a Trailnest will work on top of the Crosstrek. I have not been able to find any hard info as to the static weight capabilities of the roof rails. Note: The Trailnest attaches directly to the roof rail...cross bars are not needed/used.

I've read the threads on roof top tents. That is my plan B. However, I would really prefer to hammock camp. My wife frowned upon the idea of camping/going on family adventures until I showed her the Taxa Tigermoth. Found & purchased a Tigermoth so my wife's (& one of son's) sleeping arrangement has been sorted. I need to figure out the sleeping arrangement for myself & my other son.

So, what do the wise people on this forum think???

The attached pics show a single Trailnest on a Forester, a double Trailnest mounted on a non-Subie, the double hammock stand itself & a picture of my Crosstrek / camper for the heck of it (no clue how to correct the orientation of the pic).

Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't see why not, the factory roof rails are proven to be very sturdy, just make sure you get the proper crossbars (if required on a trailnest) because I'm sure some cheap crossbars can fail

1 - 2 of 2 Posts