Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the summary

This bulletin provides a diagnostic procedure along with transmission control module (tcm) reprogramming files to address isolated customer concerns of a "bump" feeling from the cvt. the bump feeling has been reported to occur after the c...​

Cannot find the tsb anywhere on the internet

i have had this bump happen several times and i'm kind of concerned about it. i have described it once to my service dept and obviously they were not able to reproduce it. I was wondering if it was perhaps stuck between the electric and gas drives. i want to ask my service dept to perform the fix but i want to make sure of what that next sentence is to make sure it is applicable.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I'm afraid you've given us very little information.

What vehicle do you have that is relevant to this TSB that even I can't find?

Also, for information such as TSB's relevant to your vehicle, assuming you live in the United States of America, I recommend you try checking on https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls to verify if it is applicable to yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought i did put the information in there but instead i just mentioned the hybrid part without the year. here is what i'm looking for

2016 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Powertrain Technical Service Bulletins

TSB Number:
16-104-17R
NHTSA Number:
TSB Date:
March 30, 2017
Date Added to File:
August 14, 2017
Failing Component:
Power Train
Summary:
This bulletin provides a diagnostic procedure along with transmission control module (tcm) reprogramming files to address isolated customer concerns of a "bump" feeling from the cvt. The bump feeling has been reported to occur after the c

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Oh.

Well, the only two ways I think to get it would be to:

• Pay the NHTSA access fee to view it
  • Contact the manufacturer, Subaru, for additional information

I did a search on that TSB number using quotes to search the exact phrase and came up with no additional information...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people subscribe to Subaru techinfo so I'm hoping that someone who does can post it here or can point me to a place that it is posted that Google isn't finding

Oh.

Well, the only two ways I think to get it would be to:

• Pay the NHTSA access fee to view it
  • Contact the manufacturer, Subaru, for additional information

I did a search on that TSB number using quotes to search the exact phrase and came up with no additional information...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts