Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been unable to clearly hear the turn signal blinking. Several times if the turn isn't a full 90 degrees to deactivate the turn signal I end up driving down the road with it on. So I removed the turn signal relay that's located directly under the steering wheel behind the dash. It's held on the frame by a plastic pin, if you pull (wiggle) it downwards it'll release itself from the medal frame. The relay is attached to a wire harness that has 3 tabs holding it in place. I slid on ether side a plastic tie wrap/tooth pick, then I pushed on the white tab to pull it from the wire harness connector. Why they have to use so many different multifunction clips on this car, and not one common type of release clip irks me! Anyway had some bath tub caulk adhesive and a small tin can, glue it on top and I let it dry overnight. Connect it to the wire harness the next day and tucked it up under the dash. Now sounds like the old car mechanical relay clicking, happy with the results!

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Click, click...click, click

I like the ingenuity!!!

People rarely recognize that the most high-tech gadgets in the world started out as vienna sausage cans, glue and a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silverrey said:
Click, click...click, click

I like the ingenuity!!!

People rarely recognize that the most high-tech gadgets in the world started out as vienna sausage cans, glue and a piece of plastic.
High-tech gadget fix! I left the label on for the picture. To let everyone know what I used. If I had to do it again, I think I've would have used a yogurt or pudding cup. It would have made a louder click.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts