Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Friday morning, I'm paying in full, in cash, for my Crosstrek. It will be entirely mine, in name, fact, and title. It will be my first car purchase since High School, and the first car I've bought new in my life. After all the hassle with dealers, and all the difficulty, my wait is nearly over.

The XV Crosstrek has it's downsides; the lack of power, the lackluster interior, the equally lackluster basic speaker system. Despite all this, I firmly believe this is the car that is most perfect for me. I've been getting back into the outdoors, yet city driving will be an everyday thing for me. It has plenty of space, plenty of reliability, and one of the best AWDs on the market. Despite that, it still gets best in class MPG. I have plenty of modifications I plan to make down the years, but for right now, I'm just delighted to nearly have my car.

To break in my new car, I get to ferry two of my friends around while they drink themselves into oblivion. Which means I don't get to drink at all, and I have to make certain they don't vomit on it, spill anything on it, or otherwise destroy it. Ever get the feeling that you're being beaten to death by irony?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Congtats, dude, I am sure you are super excited. The Crosstrek does have some downfalls, but really the interior is basic but not that bad, and I really feel the audio is decent, but maybe that is just because I am used to my 2003 Outback Sport that had one blown speaker... Either way, I am going to try the "hack" Tech posted in another thread about making your stock system sound way better. As far as power, it is under powered a bit, we all know this, however the more I drive it and learn how it reacts, the less and less I think of the low power as an issue. Again, I am coming from an older car that, despite having more HP/TQ, felt a lot more sluggish than the Crosstrek.

As far as driving your friends around, we've all been there! Hopefully you are close enough to them that if anything does go wrong they will own up to it.

Have fun and enjoy the new Crosstrek. If you can, post up some pictures of it when you pick it up along with your impressions after driving it for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I was watching one of the videos regarding Subaru's interiors by one of their Japanese spokespersons and it seems that the interior's "lackluster" is due to the manufacturer's efforts to reduce glare.

Chrome-like accents may look nice in theory, but they can reflect unwanted sunlight into your eyes. I recall him saying something along the lines of reducing the amount of distractions to the driver in the name of safety.

Found it. It's not a video specific to the XV Crosstrek, but I'm sure it reflects on Subaru's interior design philiosophy:

As quoted by Osamu Namba, General Manager of Design Dept, Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
Platinum has been used around the cabin for a premium, brighter look, however the area around the driver's seat remains black to minimize distractions and make driving easier
found on SubaruGlobalTV, Subaru Global's YouTube official channel at 4:50
http://youtu.be/0r9RCOaadYw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts