Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernadette (Chrisgirl) and her husband Chris (see... there IS a link! ) plus another friend from our local Subaru 4WD Club, Michael, all accompanied me into Jellore State Forest today for a reconnaissance sortie. Just an hour and a bit south of Sydney in the beautiful Southern Highlands, Jellore offers a place close to home that will test your XV very nicely. A large 4WD finds no real problem in here, except for the powerline ridge road - which you see me making it part way up at the end of this video. It's a road where double-locked big boys lose body panels near the top.

This is a fifteen minute video without any dramatic or thumping music, which I find really annoying if you want to hear what the vehicle is doing in videos of this sort. Enjoy the sounds of a gently idling engine, splashing water, spinning tyres and the Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control system working away.

Enjoy: Two Subaru XVs & Nissan Navara in Jellore State Forest NSW

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nice video! I wish there were trails like that here. Some of the fire roads are obviously plenty easy. I have to invest in tires before I tackle the other stuff, there's a ton of sharp rocks here and I seriously doubt the stock tires are going to hold up to anything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir :) The roads in are relatively easy IF you have a decent approach angle, which XV's natively don't. Once in there, the roads are mostly very loose and in places deep, waterlogged sand, and you slither around the whole time. Great fun for all :)

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Seeing all this makes me want to move to Australia!

I need to find places like this in Cali...

·
Registered
714 Posts
There's a couple places near you AWDfreak, you should check out Prairie City OHV park. It should be around an hour away maybe a touch more (depending on where in the bay area you are). We used to take my forester out there and blast around when I lived in Sacramento and it was a blast. Lots of things to do and full range from very easy to stuff I wouldn't have been able to make in my Jeep.

There are a lot of great trails out here that I think the approach angle would not be an issue for but like I said the shard rocks would play havoc on the stock tires I'm sure. Once I get some more money in the bank account I'll look into some more solid tire options.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. :) Another great day coming up today. Our Subaru Club has booked the Eastern Creek raceway complex here in Sydney, which happens to have an off road test/training track built in. More footage coming up - both from yesterday and today.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Very cool!!! Thanks for posting up the video!!! Looking forward to more... NICE!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You guys are sick !! Thankfully it is a Subaru XV, because there can't be any road service out there....or are those really Aussie "highways" ??? Fun video ! Thanks !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts