Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
First real question post per say, since I've joined this forum... . appreciate the knowledge here an thank you all for having me.

The Mrs. and I purchased our 2018 Crosstrek last month (May 2020). We purchased it with some very nice aftermarket amenities (Wheathertek Floor Mats, Subabru cargo/back of backseat mat), so I'm inclined to expand the cargo carrying capacity with a cargo basket mounted to the roof rack.

My neighbor drives a 2014 Crosstrek. He has a Tyger brand heavy duty mounted basket installed to stock Subaru horizontal rack cross bars. I went to Tyger Auto's web page, and supplied the year, make & model. Came up a big dounut! I then started to backtrack on the years.... 2015 was the first year that indicated the roof rack <like the one my neighbor has>. I'm thinking there shouldn't be any difference on this particular model fitting my Crosstrek.

Anyone out there have this Tyger Cargo basket installed on their 2018 / 2019 Crosstrek? Here's the URL to the specfic product, in question:

I look forward to any and all input, suggestions and/or recommendations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is the one I have. I added another piece of plastic to help with wind noise. I don't know how much wind noise it would have made since I put it on before I installed it on the car. I also plasti dipped the bars on it red.
20200620_091715.jpg
20200603_191630 (2).jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Loadstar and thank you for your reply.
That red is a really nice touch! I'm seeing the added plastic panel you mentioned installed on the lower horizontal base bar to upper horizontal basket bar? I think that's very innovative! Did you use plexiglass or Lucite and what thickness?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It wasn't plexiglass. Maybe lucite. Had a guy in town that does plastics cut me a piece. If you do this you need to contact tyger and get 5 extra of the loop straps. Try to get the bolts and nuts from them too. I didn't and it is very hard to find nuts that fit into the loop straps. Trust me. I had to grind some to make them fit. 1/8" I believe. A good place to get the plastic online is ( TAP plastics ).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the Subaru horizontal cross bars and the Tyger Cargo Basket. Hopefully will install this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like that roof rack of yours. I'm currently checking 4wheelonline for their selection of roof rack. I want to install something heavy-duty and durable but has a simpler look to it. Our current rack has an awning with it but we no longer use it so I want to have it replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered the Subaru crossbars and the Tyger cargo basket. Installed it and here it

Too late I guess. But I got the GoRhino basket with the 4, 3 inch led pod bays.
It’s a great rack and saved time and $$ on not having to buy any mounting hardware.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry. Been raining here.
GoRhino roof rack with rigid LED pods and NiLite led bar. Rigids are better.
RalliTek lift kit and springs. Bilstein struts.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry. Been raining here.
GoRhino roof rack with rigid LED pods and NiLite led bar. Rigids are better.
RalliTek lift kit and springs. Bilstein struts.

Imareaver,
Now those LEDs <forward and aft> are BadA$$ for sure! Awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts