Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Upper left: Start/Stop on-off switch
Second wheel: headlights height regulation, only on halogen lights
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
In the top left space, I'm installing my VDC bypass switch. I bought Subaru part #H4510FJ000, it's a maintained foglight switch from a 12 Impreza I believe. The XV harness has the 4 wire plug for this switch, I just need to do a little cutting-preserve the 12+/- for switch illumination, but utilize the actual switch contact wires to make/break the inline fuse.

Thinking about covering the foglight imprint on the switch with a "happy face", cause with the VDC bypassed, you can have a little more fun with the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Magdaddy said:
In the top left space, I'm installing my VDC bypass switch. I bought Subaru part #H4510FJ000, it's a maintained foglight switch from a 12 Impreza I believe. The XV harness has the 4 wire plug for this switch, I just need to do a little cutting-preserve the 12+/- for switch illumination, but utilize the actual switch contact wires to make/break the inline fuse.

Thinking about covering the foglight imprint on the switch with a "happy face", cause with the VDC bypassed, you can have a little more fun with the car.
I was thinking about doing this with one of those safety cover switches but it might be too big. Your way is clean... I thought the switch was cool though.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
I was thinking about doing this with one of those safety cover switches but it might be too big. Your way is clean... I thought the switch was cool though.

Perfect for the [shadow=red,left]NOS[/shadow] switch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Cool switch but totally unnecessary. I did a VDC bypass with a low amp single throw switch. I couldn't find a good way to use the "factory knock out" so I improvised. Works fine and I retained the factory switch location if I find something cooler. There's not a lot of room behind the panel. I found it easier to add aftermarket switches for my aux lighting below that panel. Cool thing about this forum is you can learn from other peoples mistakes. Read lots.....drill once. Post your success / failures so we can all get smarter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I dont have a picture atm (car is at the body shop :( ) but I used a momentary push button switch and wire it to the pins on my garage door opener and just double sided taped the door opener to the back of that dash panel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Bakkoda said:
I dont have a picture atm (car is at the body shop :( ) but I used a momentary push button switch and wire it to the pins on my garage door opener and just double sided taped the door opener to the back of that dash panel.
Cool idea!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
coletrain said:
Magdaddy said:
In the top left space, I'm installing my VDC bypass switch. I bought Subaru part #H4510FJ000, it's a maintained foglight switch from a 12 Impreza I believe. The XV harness has the 4 wire plug for this switch, I just need to do a little cutting-preserve the 12+/- for switch illumination, but utilize the actual switch contact wires to make/break the inline fuse.

Thinking about covering the foglight imprint on the switch with a "happy face", cause with the VDC bypassed, you can have a little more fun with the car.
I was thinking about doing this with one of those safety cover switches but it might be too big. Your way is clean... I thought the switch was cool though.

If switch is an easy fit. I would just buy and install it, just for looks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bakkoda said:
I dont have a picture atm (car is at the body shop :( ) but I used a momentary push button switch and wire it to the pins on my garage door opener and just double sided taped the door opener to the back of that dash panel.
I like that idea. Clean finish. If my 2.5 year old boy sees me open the door, he wants to play with that remote. Not good. He loses it often.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top