Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Any one here done updates to their Subi Navi maps system yet?

Those guys in Australia are big time in to their Navis (even hacking away at their own alerts):
http://www.subaruxvforum.com/forum/interior-audio/1231-satnav-tips-hacks.html

While, I don't want hack anything, the whole basic map-update process seems convoluted and confusing to me... "use SD card provided.. don't use/overwrite card provided". Download the navi toolkit software, use a device, find the right device. Geez.. where's the 1-2-3s/ABCs of it all?

I would think with all the wireless/sat capabilities, that Navi system would be able to auto-update onboard rather than all this convoluted back and forth with an SD card. What's that about??

Just curious what experience any one has had with updating the Navi?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Avi,

I haven't dug too far into it yet.... so far... my SAT/NAV is spot on.... no errors in navigation as of yet. Once my wife gets back in town with the XV ( 2 weeks) I will dive into and see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed that too. I was looking at the instructions and noticed that it said connect your computer to the nav unit. (really ??).
I have no idea how this is possible. I dont need it right now, but in the future I can see myself wanting an update.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thread revival here...

I just now realized that the maps included with my 2013 XV were already outdated by two years. (NA version 2011 Q3) Kinda lame if you ask me.

Having put over 40K on the car in 16 months, we've been around the US. Georgia to Nevada to Wyoming. Have noticed a lot of errors, especially in areas such as DFW where there is a lot of construction (some of which was completed before we bought the car).

Anyways, now that the data is over three years old, I'm looking into updating my maps. I'll post more in this thread as I go through the process.

Cheers!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've updated some of the features of the NAVI, but not the maps yet. It's super simple with the software. Start the Subie-ware and put the SD card in your computer and it loads everything. Simply select what you want to update and go. Took no time at all.

I've noticed several errors such as missing roads and wrong street names, but the updates to maps are pricey and I have no clue if the errors are even fixed in the update so I can't justify spending the cash.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Turkeytoe said:
It's super simple with the software. Start the Subie-ware and put the SD card in your computer and it loads everything. Simply select what you want to update and go. Took no time at all.
Where do we find the Subie-ware?

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I downloaded the Navi Toolbox (everything says Windows only btw). Do i just take the SD card out of the car and pop it in a card reader on the laptop to do the updates?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Make sure you use the "Eject SD Card" on your nav unit first. I think it's under settings or options. Probably not required, but the big warning screen makes me nervous. Then simply start the NAVI Toolbox and insert the SD card into your card reader. It should pick it up after a few seconds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts