Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just bought our Crosstrek the other day and now we're attempting to upload my wife's contacts to the radio (HD Radio, no Navi) but apparently it isn't possible other than manually entering them even though our radio has the option to transfer them automatically? Is this true or is our salesman misinformed? I noticed when we attempted to transfer them the phone would disconnect the Bluetooth connection. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
354 Posts
We had to manually do ours...it was kinda a pain! Plus I've noticed when you ask it to list names the last ones you added are the first ones it list so the ones you use most I would list at the end...hope that makes sense & helps

·
Registered
77 Posts
While I have the navi... it just operates off of the blue tooth if the phone is on.
Presume yours is the same.

It seem just as easy as having the contacts stored as the phone would have to be
on any way in order to work...don't think the radio or nav act as a phone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am in the same boat... I'd love to get my contacts uploaded. I know my phone can do it b/c it worked in may last vehicle. My radio drops the blutooth when I try to add contacts via the phone too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bugga ! I went back to the dealer and said, "show me how to do it again" ... and then gave him a list of contacts... DONE !

·
Registered
275 Posts
U_ba_ru said:
Bugga ! I went back to the dealer and said, "show me how to do it again" ... and then gave him a list of contacts... DONE !
So did the dealer manually enter the contacts for you, or did they upload them to the car from the phone automatically??

·
Registered
19 Posts
The guy at the dealership where I got my car said phone contacts can't be synced to the car from the phone via bluetooth, you just have to enter them manually. I have found that to be true so far but if anyone finds a definitive way to actually accomplish this please post it.

Sent from my SCH-I605

·
Registered
275 Posts
I figured it out. Once you get to add contacts by phone, the bluetooth disconnects. It must!!! The car is waiting for you to go on your phone and pick a contact to push to the car and the system keeps repeating "transferring."

I have a android phone. And on my phone I select the contact, select menu, then "send contact", then "Via Bluetooth", then it gives the list of bluetooth pairings, then select the car- "Car Multimedia". The contact is then pushed to the car and added. Once added, the car system prompts you to speak the name and add a speed dial if you want.

This works fine for one contact at a time. YMMV depending on your phone. I guess you gotta be familiar with your phone menus and prompts too.

does this make sense?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts