Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am tired of wanting to connect my bluetooth and having to wait until we are stopped. or We are driving and want to use the navigation to find somewhere and cant because "its not safe". apparently subaru forgot passengers could want to type stuff in as well. and hacks to fix this problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
NinjaSkunks said:
So i am tired of wanting to connect my bluetooth and having to wait until we are stopped. or We are driving and want to use the navigation to find somewhere and cant because "its not safe". apparently subaru forgot passengers could want to type stuff in as well. and hacks to fix this problem?
You really can't search for destinations while driving??? I can search and add destinations while driving, but can't edit options. My bluetooth also connects when the car first starts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i tried to geet directions to a friends house and had to pull over before i could type in an address.
My Bluetooth connects when i get in as well so long as i remember to turn it on when i get in. i usually keep it off to conserve battery, so it might be 5 minutes down the road before i realize i want to turn it on but cant now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
With non nav equipped cars, the Bluetooth connects when you tell your device to connect. I don't have to wait until the XV says it is safe. As for Nav, my iPhone can be in motion! No problems there. Too many restrictions and updates to deal with when having a nav from the factory. I paid something like $50 for the garmin nuvi app and I get free updates and downloads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chuck said:
With non nav equipped cars, the Bluetooth connects when you tell your device to connect. I don't have to wait until the XV says it is safe. As for Nav, my iPhone can be in motion! No problems there. Too many restrictions and updates to deal with when having a nav from the factory. I paid something like $50 for the garmin nuvi app and I get free updates and downloads.
yeah, i usually use my phone, but since we got the XV i like using its navigation (more reliable and better maps). I was just wondering if there was a way to mod the nav system kinda like that guy made his car not beep when he unlocks it...abe i think his name was
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I'm not sure a way to mod this, but I also found it annoying that I set presets for my quick dial numbers, but can't use them while the car is driving. Also annoying is that 'Mom cell' can't be easily differentiated from 'John cell' when using dial by voice, so I often end up selecting the number on my phone to dial (which defeats the purpose of hands free blue tooth).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Yeah its really been frustrating using the Nav is this car. Don't see why Subaru wouldn't have made an override when the passenger airbag is on. I hate not being able to search things without knowing the address. Hands free takes forever to go through each step and the maps are definitely not better or reliable. I have a jobsite I go to for work and no matter how many times I'm there it seems go think its on the highway that runs parallel to the road. Just not 100% trustworthy system. I just continue to use it since I insisted on the Nav unit ha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
714 Posts
k2gdub13 said:
I'm not sure a way to mod this, but I also found it annoying that I set presets for my quick dial numbers, but can't use them while the car is driving. Also annoying is that 'Mom cell' can't be easily differentiated from 'John cell' when using dial by voice, so I often end up selecting the number on my phone to dial (which defeats the purpose of hands free blue tooth).
Having messed around with a few on the lot I've come to realize you have to use more distinct names for the software to recognize them. John cell and mom cell sound similar. Using last names/full names makes it work much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
Subir_roo said:
k2gdub13 said:
I'm not sure a way to mod this, but I also found it annoying that I set presets for my quick dial numbers, but can't use them while the car is driving. Also annoying is that 'Mom cell' can't be easily differentiated from 'John cell' when using dial by voice, so I often end up selecting the number on my phone to dial (which defeats the purpose of hands free blue tooth).
Having messed around with a few on the lot I've come to realize you have to use more distinct names for the software to recognize them. John cell and mom cell sound similar. Using last names/full names makes it work much better.
I think I read that in the manual as well.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top