Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently joined the Crosstrek family and love it, especially the Bluetooth audio. But I am having a problem using the Google Maps navigation feature on my Android phone via Bluetooth. When I activate Google Maps navigation, when it's time for a voice direction, the Bluetooth music goes silent for a few seconds but I don't hear any instructions, either from my phone speaker or the car speaker. I think I have all of the volume settings turned up, and if I use Mapquest's navigation app, I can hear the directions through the car speaker, except they are played on top of the music so it's harder to hear. Does anyone else have this problem and/or know a fix for Google Maps?

I have the Limited model, standard non-nav head unit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
That's interesting. I use google maps on my Android phone, as well, but have voice directions turned off so I don't have THAT much experience with it. However, I have used it with the voice on briefly before and it worked exactly like it should have.

It sounds to me like the Crosstrek's BlueTooth function is working properly (i.e it's streaming music and going silent when a notification/voice play), so my guess is it's on the phone/app's end. Maybe try turning off turn-by-turn voice, clearing the app's cache, then turning the voice back on? Maybe try reinstalling Maps? I don't know, just throwing out some suggestions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeah, like Club said..it sounds like your phone. I used Maps yesterday while streaming BT audio and I heard the voice instructions through the car speakers as well as the music at the same time. For the record I use google maps navigation (free) and the "PowerAmp" app (paid for it) for music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can get it to work. If I find a solution, I'll post it here in case others have the same issue. My phone is a Galaxy 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts