Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Crosstrekkers,
Anyone have experience with having the full Interior Treatment package done by the dealer? I bought the interior and exterior treatments from the dealer... But I can't see that anything was treated. I did the same thing on my Land Rover. It took them 2 days to do interior and exterior and the interior was still slightly damp when I got it back. But Subaru dealer (claims?) they did they did both and yet it was completed the same day... Yet... The carpet was not even damp when I got it back.

On my Rover, I could see a slight difference in the treatment of the interior leather, telling me they did do something. However, when I got my Trek back, there is no difference to be seen other than they armor-all'd some plastic.

So, just wondered if anyone has experience with interior treatment on their Subie?

Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
we did the same thing the interior & exterior. I'm like you they say the inside was done but you can't tell...plus we got it back the same day also. I really don't like paying for something but then having to take their word that they did it!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've never been a fan of interior treatments suh as scotch guard because I had a friend whose dad owned all the Nor Cal Lazy Boys and he told me that people pay upwards of hundreds of dollar for "treated" fabric and all they do is buy case loads of Scotch Guard, take it to the factory and spray it down. Maybe it's changed in the past 15 years but I still think that's what they do.

So maybe all they did watch spray the leather with some scotch guard and call it a day.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm having mine done next week. I was told I'd be getting a loaner vehicle for at least 24-36 hrs. so that it would have time to dry. I'll pay extra attention now to see if I can tell any difference.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The dealer offered me these options. I looked at him and said "Really?, Next your going to ask if I want undercoating, right?". He laughed and explained the options. I didn't opt for it though. I wondered if there is a real benefit to the process. They said it needed to be reapplied every 6 months.

·
Registered
500 Posts
andthereyouare said:
The dealer offered me these options. I looked at him and said "Really?, Next your going to ask if I want undercoating, right?". He laughed and explained the options. I didn't opt for it though. I wondered if there is a real benefit to the process. They said it needed to be reapplied every 6 months.
Interesting. I was told that what I was offered was a one-time thing.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
spyder720 said:
I've never been a fan of interior treatments suh as scotch guard because I had a friend whose dad owned all the Nor Cal Lazy Boys and he told me that people pay upwards of hundreds of dollar for "treated" fabric and all they do is buy case loads of Scotch Guard, take it to the factory and spray it down. Maybe it's changed in the past 15 years but I still think that's what they do.

So maybe all they did watch spray the leather with some scotch guard and call it a day.
I repped for a company that used ScotchGuard for their furniture protection. It hasn't changed. You're buying the warranty, not the spray crap. But it's still all crap. I quit because I couldn't stand that whole "sell the story" B.S.

Clean your interior, and buy a seat protector if you're paranoid about ruining your seats. Lot cheaper and a lot easier.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seat covers. Hmmm... What a novel idea. Though, I'm sure I've seen warnings about avoiding accidental air bag deployment and not putting seat covers on. Yes... I'm sure I read that somewhere... Like page 1-66 of the owners manual. Of course I'm not sure how "installation of additional fabric or leather..." Could affect this. But I'm not the manufacturer of all the sensitive sensors on this car. But, when it comes to Insurance companies looking for any and every reason to *not* pay on a claim, I tend to be one who favors in not giving them a reason.

Guess its like someone here said: it's the warranty and at least know that's on the records.

Ok... On to order my Weathertech mats! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Interior Treatment Application

Total waste of $$ for either. It's hard to believe people will still fall for that BS.

If you want your interior treated buy a can of scotchguard. Give a wet coat or two and you're set. I've never bothered on any car. But then most were leather surfaces. It doesn't prevent the seats from getting dirty, but will bead up spilled liquids. Easy solution there...NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE CAR. LOL.

For the exterior, give the paint a month or so to fully cure, then wax with a synthetic tech wax, like from Mother's, or McGuirres. Lather, rinse, repeat about every 6 months. Wash the car with a automotive washing soap - never dish soap which will strip any wax off.

Spend your extra monies on gas or other options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We had ours done this past weekend and it has been good so far, our three year tested it out before we even left the dealership with a dirty foot to the seat and it came right out. Like someone said before you are paying for the warranty more than anything but we have a family friend who had the same stuff applied to his truck over three years ago and the it still beads water like a ducks ass without doing anything other than washing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts