Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I brought a 2014 XV last year, since day one it has a vibration or shudder when turning corners.
It only occurs when the car has warmed up for 10-15 minutes. It does not shudder when turning & stationary, only when moving. It also goes away when put into neutral and left to roll around a corner. It happens while turning both left & right. It also doesn't occur when the car is going in a straight line.
I have had a transmission repair & service (band adjustment & modification of centre clutch pack), duty c solenoid replacement which meant another flush of the transmission fluid as it was done separately to the transmission repair & service. Tyres checked, rotated, aligned & balanced 3 times, front & rear diff fluid change out. It has been to 3 seperate Subarus, I was told by 2 that is was normal & the other said it was something wrong with the transmission, but couldn't tell me what it was because in Australia they do not repair transmissions, they only replace them which would cost triple digits!

I honestly do not know what is next, but the shuddering is driving me nuts! I am hoping that someone on here could help me out & point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
Steph

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If not the transmission, may have something to do with the limited slip differential? When turning corners, the clutchs need to slip. Symmetrical AWD Explained | Quality Subaru - Wallingford, CT

Are tires the correct size. Oversize tires may rub when making a turn. Just guessing.
Hi, it just had its valve body changed out but still did not fix the issue, the tyres have been checked on by 5 different mechanics including 2 Subarus & have been told they are perfect - I thought it could be tyre related too.
I don't know what to do next, it has me & all of the mechanics stumped.
Anything else or any other details that you could share with me?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a guess but you might want to check the outer axle joints on both sides. The fact that it only does it under load might indicate a worn outer cv joint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This sounds like an issue a member in the other forum had.It turned out to be rubber bushings in the V shaped transmission mount.
Oooh this sounds promising! thank you, I will let my mechanic know, this seems to add up though. I had the tyres replaced today & rechecked, they put a softer compound tyre on & the shuddering seem to be a bit better but not fixed. I will have to see if I can order this part & give it a go.
Thankyou again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oooh this sounds promising! thank you, I will let my mechanic know, this seems to add up though. I had the tyres replaced today & rechecked, they put a softer compound tyre on & the shuddering seem to be a bit better but not fixed. I will have to see if I can order this part & give it a go.
Thankyou again
Hello , I got the same problem with you , may I know do you solve your problem ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts