Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

Just a short 12 minute video of my XV at River Island 4WD Park south of Sydney, Australia. It's a very capable little 4WD.

First segment shows the suspension working from underneath on a 35-odd degree incline. Second is a river crossing and then we drive to the top of the mountain and down through very tight switchbacks. Like any video or photo, the true steepness of the terrain is not conveyed properly.

Subaru XV at River Island 4WD Park

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great video. I especially liked the beginning seeing the suspension getting some work.

What camera are you using? I am in the market for one and want to see what's out there besides GoPro.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LittleBigHead said:
Great video. I especially liked the beginning seeing the suspension getting some work.

What camera are you using? I am in the market for one and want to see what's out there besides GoPro.
Thanks LBH. :) I'm using the ubiquitous GoPro HEro3 Silver.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
AWESOME! This has got to be the first underbody video I've seen of the Subaru XV driving off road

·
Registered
603 Posts
Absolutely incredible! You should submit that to Subie! They have that area of the site where Owners can submit their videos! What excellent footage... Thank you for sharing!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Searched this on YouTube yesterday per your other thread and loved it. Really some great stuff! I hope to get out to the wilderness sometime this summer after I wrap this job and take my XV on some trails.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys :) It's a really wonderful all-rounder, the XV. With more aggressive rubber on soon, and maybe an eventual lift of one or two inches, it should take me wherever I ant to go. It will never be a 4WD like my Landrover, but then I don't expect it to be. I left all the "do it because of the challenge" stuff behind a long time ago. We all grow up eventually ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks for posting up that video Omaroo. Like everyone said, that underbody shot was awesome. I'll have to show this to a friend of mine who is positive the XV couldn't handle even a dirt road.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great footage, thanks for sharing!! It was interesting to watch the 4wd in front of you have to repeatedly stop and back up to get through those downhill switchbacks while you simply drove right around the corner. Turning radius was definitely on you side. I saw a video the other day with an XV on 15" wheels and more aggressive slightly taller tires. Not sure how badly the power was impacted by the taller tires, but it sure looked like it had some decent clearance gains. As-is though, the XV sure does great and much better than I would have expected. Thanks again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts