Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing this at all. A couple of the corners on the vinyl trim around the windows on my car are beginning to peel up already. I noticed today that once of them was sticking out completely. I checked the others and saw they were coming loose a bit. Managed to stick them back under but I doubt they'll stay tucked around the edge now that they're coming up a bit already. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dug around a bit and noticed that they looked like they were installed in a rush. I managed to peel it back a bit and tuck it better. Applied a little heat to it during the process so hopefully that will stay put. One of them wasn't even stuck to the door, just to the rubber seal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Checked all of my trim and it seems to be in fine shape.
In fact have been impressed with the fit/finish and quality of the
materials in general.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Subir_roo said:
I dug around a bit and noticed that they looked like they were installed in a rush. I managed to peel it back a bit and tuck it better. Applied a little heat to it during the process so hopefully that will stay put. One of them wasn't even stuck to the door, just to the rubber seal.
Must have been built by a lazy robot

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I doubt that the trim is installed by a robot, there are still a lot of things people have to do any that's probably one of them. Getting it installed flat with no creases or bubbles and wrapped around the edges is probably a person task.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it should be covered. That's why I'm not too worried about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts