Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered our crosstrek January 2, 2013 was told 2-4 months before we would get it. We wanted the desert khaki & apparently that is not an easy color to get around here! We ordered the limited can't wait to get it! My hubby was the one who wanted a Subaru & I didn't but after we looked at it & I rode in it my mind was changed!lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ordered mine too and it ended up coming 2 weeks earlier than the dealer thought it would, about 6 weeks total.
Welcome and Congrats!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the warm welcomes :) I will def post pics once we get it! Hoping we getting it sooner rather than later!lol We're kinda anxious to see the desert khaki in person...we have a grand Cherokee that we are getting rid of & it's a metallic tannish color & love it cuz it doesn't show dirt unless it's REALLY dirty! None of the salesmen at the dealership we are getting it from have seen this color in person either so they are excited for ours to come in also! :D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
Thank you for the warm welcomes :) I will def post pics once we get it! Hoping we getting it sooner rather than later!lol We're kinda anxious to see the desert khaki in person...we have a grand Cherokee that we are getting rid of & it's a metallic tannish color & love it cuz it doesn't show dirt unless it's REALLY dirty! None of the salesmen at the dealership we are getting it from have seen this color in person either so they are excited for ours to come in also! :D
That's crazy the khaki is so rare the dealer hasn't even seen one. Why are you getting rid of the Cherokee? Just getting old or you can't deal with gas mileage or what?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's crazy the khaki is so rare the dealer hasn't even seen one. Why are you getting rid of the Cherokee? Just getting old or you can't deal with gas mileage or what?
[/quote]

Our Cherokee is a 98 & we've had it for 13 years so time to move on plus want better gas mileage!lol Yeah we thought it kinda funny the the dealer hadn't even seen the color in person yet!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Drove my Khaki Premium w/CVT through a New England snow storm today...roughly 2-3 inches out there right now. It drove great through the snow; it had too because the snow plow were few and far between. The color is nice and I was looking at the Ice Silver until I saw the Khaki that at the dealer that I eventually bought. I think New England gets their new Crosstreks sooner than other parts of the country because is Boston is an entry port and processing center for Subaru from Japan.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry to bump the thread, but I ordered mine three days after you, so I'm curious as to where you stand on yours, whether you've gotten it yet or have an accurate eta.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chasem said:
Sorry to bump the thread, but I ordered mine three days after you, so I'm curious as to where you stand on yours, whether you've gotten it yet or have an accurate eta.
We are still waiting it's been 4 weeks haven't heard anything yet...I'm gonna wait till the middle of the month then I'm gonna call dealership to see of they have an eta yet...I'm soooo ready to have our new crosstrek! We haven't actually seen the inside of the limited which is what we ordered so it will be nice to see it! None of the local dealerships have any crosstreks on the lot they are all intransit!lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
We are still waiting it's been 4 weeks haven't heard anything yet...I'm gonna wait till the middle of the month then I'm gonna call dealership to see of they have an eta yet...I'm soooo ready to have our new crosstrek! We haven't actually seen the inside of the limited which is what we ordered so it will be nice to see it! None of the local dealerships have any crosstreks on the lot they are all intransit!lol
I think that's going to be my plan as well. I was originally told it could be 6-8 weeks, but should be only 3-4. No word yet, but they're expecting 4 in their next allotment (no manuals though, sadly for me) and two are already claimed. I was told mine will be in the next allotment.

Anywho, hopefully you hear good news soon.

·
Registered
500 Posts
tmorgan66030 said:
Well I heard from my dealer today with some [very] unfortunate news. He received a date for delivery... in May, which would make it a four month wait, altogether. Don't think I can do that at this point. They have six XVs coming in soon, all CVTs, and only one unclaimed. He's going to be looking for a dealer trade for a 5MT for me, so I'm hoping that goes well...

If you're getting a CVT, hopefully this isn't an indication of what you can expect.

Edit to add: Got a call back about 2 hrs later. Found a Khaki spec'd almost exactly like I had mine from a dealer willing to trade. So at this point I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait, but it sure beats waiting until May.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
chasem said:
tmorgan66030 said:
Well I heard from my dealer today with some [very] unfortunate news. He received a date for delivery... in May, which would make it a four month wait, altogether. Don't think I can do that at this point. They have six XVs coming in soon, all CVTs, and only one unclaimed. He's going to be looking for a dealer trade for a 5MT for me, so I'm hoping that goes well...

If you're getting a CVT, hopefully this isn't an indication of what you can expect.

Edit to add: Got a call back about 2 hrs later. Found a Khaki spec'd almost exactly like I had mine from a dealer willing to trade. So at this point I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait, but it sure beats waiting until May.

I called our dealership today & they told us May on ours :( BUT then he proceeded to tell me they were getting a desert Khaki limited in tomorrow for another trade with a dealership in Nebraska so we should be getting ours tomorrow ;D It didn't have a few of the things we ordered but they are things they can add on so we're happy :)

Hope you get yours soon :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
ha! it's like we're living the same life, as far as our Crosstrek Situations go...

Glad to hear your situation is panning out well! Post pictures!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chasem said:
ha! it's like we're living the same life, as far as our Crosstrek Situations go...

Glad to hear your situation is panning out well! Post pictures!
lol on same crosstrek life ;) I will definitely post pics :) I can't wait till tomorrow afternoon work will go so slow!lol

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ClubCrosstrek said:
You're getting it tomorrow finally?!
The one we ordered still isn't here(won't be here till may) but they got one in from a trade so we got that one it was the same color & had most of the stuff we wanted & the stuff it didn't have they can add on :) We got it today...have been out driving it around town tonite :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This isn't the best pics but it is desert khaki will take better photos tomorrow when it's daylight! It doesn't have the body molding on it yet but we are getting it in about a week but we choose to get black molding in instead of the same color as car. Will be getting the windows tinted with the window vents & the bug guard or whatever you call it :) I sooo love our crosstrek!!!! Today was the 1st time I drove one...when we test drove one hubby drove & I just rode along! Love the way it drives :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts