Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I got some new tires for my girl. Beautiful set of tires. They are the Yokohama AVID Ascend GT’s. (https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid-ascend ).They’re just not my style. I shoulda done the Geolanders. (Grrr).

I think I’ve put a total of 500 miles on them so far. I’m going to give it a shot, and maybe the dealer will let me trade them in. Don’t think that’s gonna happen, so I’ll probably have to sell them somehow.

Anyway, I want different tires. So, what kinda tires are you guys putting on your XVs? Also, has anybody put 18’s or 20’s on (and didn’t have to put a lift kit on. LOL). I need some suggestions and input from you guys, so hoping you can help! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I'm going to run some Toyo Tires Celsius CUV tires when I finish mobbing around with my BFGoodrich g-force Sport-COMP2 high performance summer tires. I'll still run the P225/55R17 stock tire size so I can still accommodate winter traction devices and maintain mud clearance.

They are advertised as a grand touring tire with the specific trait of being 3PMSF certified. Meaning, it will do better in ice and snow than a typical M+S rated tire.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I check them out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The majority of the cars I have owned I put Michelin tires on them. The last two sets of tires I bought were Continental which were as good as the Michelins. My 18 Subaru Crosstrek came with Yokohama Geolanders and the ride quality and freedom from punctures and leaks has been perfect. I love the quietness and the maintaining tire pressure. When time comes to purchase it will be hard to go to Michelin or Continentals after these Geolanders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2nd set of Nokian WRG4 225/55/17
60,000 mile warranty
i live in Oregon where chains required in winter in passes over the Rockies. So these tires have the snow flake which enables me to not have chains when on vehicles with 4x or AWD .. beins chains i can not use on my 2015 xv limited.
These tires are smooth handling-snow,ice,dirt roads,streets,sand..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts