Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: WANTED - OEM Crossbars

Any particular reason for the aero bars? To keep on all the time?
I picked up the Yakima Railgrab kit on Amazon for < $200. They seem nice enough so far ::)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

on0se said:
Any particular reason for the aero bars? To keep on all the time?
I picked up the Yakima Railgrab kit on Amazon for < $200. They seem nice enough so far ::)
Mainly because I was going cheap, but I ended up ordering them yesterday for ~$140 off ebay -- couldn't find any used. I also didn't see any Yakima or Thule for under $200, I guess I didn't look hard enough. Regardless, I got them and I think they will do the trick just fine for me. And, yes, I am leaving them on all the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts

on0se,

Have you had any problems with noise or anything else with those cross bars? I'm thinking about getting those sooner or later as well. I just want to hear from a trustworhty source. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts

They definitely do make lots of noise! Someone in another thread mentioned wrapping a cord around the front bar, and that really seemed to do the trick for ~60-70 mph. Ideally, I'd like to make myself something like this though ...

Then I wouldn't have to take it off when putting stuff on.
The other small annoyance I have is that the kit that I got came with longer 58" bars, and I've definitely hit my head on them at least once! It's still worth getting the kit for the lower price and just taking the extra time to cut the bar down to size -- unless the extra width helps of course.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Honestly, I was thinking of getting the long ones so I can attach some PVC pipe to be a rack for fishing poles. Horizontally attached. Trying to make the most out of my upper cargo area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts