Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I noticed that the XV was collecting water in the door then releasing it when the door was open. The water was coming from the dust seal at the bottom of the door panel, not the door seal. So needless to say there should not be water there at all. :eek:

They pulled it in the shop yesterday to check it out and found that the vapor barrier (plastic sheet inside your door to keep water on the correct side) had been installed poorly and had a wrinkle causing water to flow down into the door panel rather than into the door drains. At any rate, fixed quickly and easily but thought I would mention it so anyone here if they notice a similar issue!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well... Whoda thunk it? Lol

Glad it was minor fix and thanks for sharing the tip!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here in Az there is no water. Dry as a bone, as avimia will attest to. But in August a years worth of rain will come down in about an hour. Will keep this issue in the back of my mind

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I noticed the same on my Crosstrek here in CO. I printed your post and I am taking my car to the dealer. That is an easy way to get rust built from inside out.

Thank you

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to see someone else can use this! Hopefully it's the same issue for yours and they can get it fixed. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've noticed a slight collection of water myself. I'll have to check out if its from the same cause. Thanks subir_roo

·
Registered
62 Posts
i've noticed that whenever i open my door after it rains, water seems to rapidly drip down from the door. i'll have the dealer look into it when i bring it in for the 3K service.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's essentially what mine was doing, water would collect until the door was opened then drain rapidly.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my case the water was coming out between the door and the plastic door panel along the bottom. There is a small dust seal along the bottom of the door panel and the water was coming out between that and the door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts