Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are everyone's XV's holding up in this ridiculous heat? Having little to no "up-and-go" power with the AC blasting is a bummer and I'm starting to regret getting a black car with leather interior haha.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Not hitting me too bad on the West side of LA (barely touching 80 at my house -- we don't have A/C and we're fine), but go into the valley and it's in the triple digits. My work is on the west side, too, so I haven't had to really test the A/C that hard. I have it on and it's great, but it's not truly hot in my part of town.

Stay cool! 8)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have been very pleased with my XV and its response to driving in our horrendous summer heat. A/C runs constantly, and my XV still has plenty of pep. I have experienced lesser gas mileage of about 1/2 mile per gallon, still getting anywhere from 33 to 34 mpg. Much better than I expected when running the a/c!

Just a little glimpse of what we're feeling in my neck of the woods.

My friend took this pic while in her chevy.. her only comment:
"Either it's really hot or my car is on fire". hahaha!

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
And... as we all love the Summer when the ice cream truck swings by to bring us our favorite goodies...
Seems Ice Cream trucks in Arizona only sell "soft serve"...
;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
avimia said:
And... as we all love the Summer when the ice cream truck swings by to bring us our favorite goodies...
Seems Ice Cream trucks in Arizona only sell "soft serve"...
;-)
Lol. This one is hilarious

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
LOL Ikon!! Classic.

Yep... Broke our own record today, by heading up near 120degrees! Woo hoo! And to think... this isn't even the hottest part of the year yet. :-D

So, I tried to remember when we last had even a drop of rain. I think it was 7 months ago in January. Thought I'd check it out to make sure if memory served me correctly. I checked on the date range from Jan 1 to Jun 28th.

According to Rainlog.org, I was right. Good gawd that's a lot of zeros!

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
I used to live in Yuma, AZ.... LOVED IT there!!!! I can remember swimming in the the Colorado River on XMas Eve back in 1998 and it was like 87 degrees out.....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Death Valley in California recorded 127 degrees, according to unofficial reports cited by CNN. (The 134 degrees there a century ago was the highest temperature ever recorded on Earth.)
Aptly named I must say.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Wingnut said:
Move to Texas. Then we can have a conversation about ambient temperatures in the triple digits. :)
Wingnut knows what's up...

Let's just say being fully-geared doesn't make the humid heat any better... even after consuming nearly 3 gallons of water each day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
reporting from western washington here. this weekend was in the upper 80's. today is supposed to be 95 and then start cooling down. crosstrek did just fine for me. in this heat i usually just drive with the windows down instead of AC. we only get such temperatures/sunshine a couple months out of the year, gotta enjoy it while i can. :eek:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welp, from the whacky weather files, check this out. Texas, in july is usually searing hot.
Fry steak and eggs on the asphalt hot. Dashboard foilpack lunch cooking hot.. But tonight we may set a record for the coolest low temp for July 1st on record.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My Crosstrek handled the heat just fine although I wish the AC was stronger, I just can't keep it at "1" otherwise I'd still be toasting inside lol. I drove from Thousand Oaks, Ca to Long Beach. Then from LB to Santa Monica then to the San Fernando Valley then back to Thousand Oaks. The hottest that the car thermometer registered was 101 while I was in the Valley. I probably drove about at least 220 miles that day.

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
103 degrees in the lovely Inland Empire today. My little Fiesta's A/C can hardly keep up... If only I had a nice Subaru with a little better build quality than a Ford...

Edit: 105 degrees.

·
Registered
421 Posts
RallyeBourne said:
103 degrees in the lovely Inland Empire today. My little Fiesta's A/C can hardly keep up... If only I had a nice Subaru with a little better build quality than a Ford...

Fiesta? Why are you on a Subie forum?

·
Super Moderator
352 Posts
Ikon said:
RallyeBourne said:

Fiesta? Why are you on a Subie forum?
Because I desperately want an XV. But as of right now, I drive too much to have any equity in the Fiesta to be able to trade in and get one. You can see in the picture, 105k miles on a two year old car.

·
Registered
421 Posts
That's a lot of miles. Have you talked to a dealer about trading the ford? If its paid off, it's might be worth something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts