Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has the possibility to get WAY too out of control, so please control your Ranting. This is not meant to be a multi-response discussion board, but rather a single posting as to what you Returned, Sold, was Disappointed by, etc. If you came up with a resolution then please share it.

The flipside are the people that bought a product and love it, we fall into this category and I hope that there are more of us out there. Please try to keep the positives in the threads that already exist praising their products.

The thoughts are to provide a place for people to read about accessories, OEM and Aftermarket, that they purchased and got rid of. Why? Because not everything fits how it mentally was imagined.

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A BAD-MOUTHING COMPANY SLAMMING A IS BETTER THAN B COMPANY, it is simply your opinion.

My hopes are to help potential buyers be aware of shortcomings, as you saw them, with the product that you purchased.

Please include photos if you would like, your thoughts, and MOST IMPORTANTLY Why.

Dan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: What I Bought, Returned/Sold/Disappointed by/Etc., and Why?

OEM Subaru Sunshade: We purchased the OEM Sunshade and Returned it. The thickness of the board was way to dense and clumsy for us to install and remove on a daily basis. Excellent Fitment for long term use, but awkward for Daily multi-use. It was also a rather bulky item when folded up and it had to be stored in the trunk when there was more than 1 person in the XV.

Resolution: We are still waiting for Weathertech to release their dual-sided Sunshade.

Weathertech Window Deflectors: We purchased and returned the Weathertech Window Deflectors. I was not happy with the fitment of the front lower base edge placement on our very soft Subaru Lower Window Trim Molding. The edge was way to sharp and put way too much downward pressure on the window strip. We did have problems with the piece, Weathertech sent a replacement set, and the same disappointment existed so we returned them.

Resolution: We installed the Subaru OEM Window Deflectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: What I Bought, Returned/Sold/Disappointed by/Etc., and Why?

The said:
Weathertech Window Deflectors: We purchased and returned the Weathertech Window Deflectors. I was not happy with the fitment of the front lower base edge placement on our very soft Subaru Lower Window Trim Molding. The edge was way to sharp and put way too much downward pressure on the window strip. We did have problems with the piece, Weathertech sent a replacement set, and the same disappointment existed so we returned them.

Resolution: We installed the Subaru OEM Window Deflectors and absolutely love them.
This is good to know because I was debating on getting either one of these for our car.. Thanks for the insight on them (and being the guinea pig).

·
Registered
552 Posts
It was not a defect or a disappointment that caused me to return/cancel, my order for the sliding center council armrest lid. Unbeknownst to me (until some kind soles pointed it out)....it came standard on the XV!!!! :p ???

Leason learned....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts