Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Like I said in my presentation post, I had a 2006 WRX wagon with some light mods done on the engine, exhaust, suspension and brakes.
I traded it for a 2016 hyper blue Crosstrek.

·
Registered
7 Posts
had a 2011 Impreza (and a line of Subies prior)

There's a lot of reasons that went into my decision to trade, trade in offer from the dealer was way more than I anticipated, lower insurance, better mileage, more room for me (impreza was killing my back) more room for my dog's friends, plus it generally feels sturdier/more rugged than the Impreza (tho not a fan of the stock geolander tires they'll suffice in our milder than normal winter) ... the Impreza had some annoying quirks that I could have lived with if this deal didn't work the way I wanted but it did work out the way I needed it to and 3mos in with it, I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2012 Abarth. Really a fun car but I moved to Virginia stop a 3,000' ridge with a very steep unimproved road up. CrossTrek checked many more blocks than the Abarth.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
We gave up an insurance check for a totaled 2004 Chevy Colorado. Town Car turned in front of my wife on her way home from work...we got a 2014 Crosstrek Limited and loved it so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got rid of my Porsche 911 C4 convertible for my new crosstrek. I absolutely love my new crosstrek, still have a Porsche Cayenne turbo and would rather drive my XV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow looks like I'm going to re light an old thread lol. Interesting how many Jeep owners jumped ship for the crosstrek. I myself have had a TJ and JK Rubicon. I traded a 2016 Wrx. Loved the rex but the fuel economy on my commute was mostly 24mpg. Plus I really wanted more offroad capability since I frequently travel semi rough forest service roads. When I had my Jeeps I rarely did anything more than forest roads so I think the XV will fit the bill nicely. I also ended up with a premium with moonroof so it will have a nice handful of features that the Wrx did not since it was a base. Ended up with a very good deal as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just traded in a 2015 wrangler unlimited for our 2018 crosstrek. Decision was based on my wallet lol. Wrangler was awesome and maybe I will get one down the road, but as a daily driver it was not a good idea. Way better gas mileage on the xv as well as the capability to cover any off-roading that I may do which is not much at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 Mazda3 sedan. I hated the blind spots from the really thick A-pillars, serious safety issue. Otherwise it was a good car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
2011 CRV EX. Spotless, less than 45000mi on it for 2017 XV Premium. XV can do everything CRV could do. Only with better mileage and better handling. Trade off on size and how much we can carry, but I've learned to pack more efficiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Traded a 2014 Impreza 5 door sport. I have been crying everyday since. This car is gutless and the tach is at 3000 for 68 mph. My fault, I should have known jacking it up would ruin the ride but I did not expect the inability to move forward without such effort. :(::::

·
Registered
74 Posts
Traded a 2014 Impreza 5 door sport. I have been crying everyday since. This car is gutless and the tach is at 3000 for 68 mph. My fault, I should have known jacking it up would ruin the ride but I did not expect the inability to move forward without such effort. :(::::

Wow that stinks. Sorry you are so disappointed. Not a happy place to be.

Sold our 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited with 96,000 mi.
Ran like a champ, no issues at all. Picked up a 2018 Crosstrek Limited. Love it ! This is a really nice car.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined this forum after almost a couple of years of happy ownership of a 2016 Crosstrek. I traded in a 2007 RAV4 V-6 with around 230,000 km on it. I didn't care about the much reduction in horsepower. I appreciate the higher ground clearance, better AWD, much better fuel economy, and the fact I can fit the vehicle with a Thule box on top into the garage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up my new 2018 today. Very excited! It replaced a 2005 Honda Odyssey. 210,000 miles and just routine maintenance.

Now I can get to the trailhead on the dusty, gravely forest service roads with style and without the thought of getting stuck. Love the AWD and ground clearance of the Subie. Can't wait until winter when I can remember distant days of chaining the minivan up to go skiing with frozen hands and concern of getting nailed from a snow plow passing by.

221 - 240 of 256 Posts