Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, didn't think there would be so many former Jeep owners here. Color me surprised.

I just sold my '16 Wrangler Rubicon with a lot of mods for an '18 Crosstrek Premium.

Jeeps are fun, but not fun every day. For me anyway. That, and I was finding it more difficult to get in and out of the lifted Jeep. So, time for a change.

I had an '84 GL Wagon that I loved. That made me look up Subies again. And here I am :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Didn't trade in but sold my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder for $1400 and got the 2016 Limited Crosstrek. Wanted to keep the Patfinder(it was like a tank in snow)but it was starting to nickel and dime me with repairs and didn't want to pay insurance etc ...on two cars. Pathfinder had only 175000 miles on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Started out with a 2006 Toyota Corolla (sold it)

Went to a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek Premium (it got totaled)

Bought a 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight (love it)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Didn't trade in, but selling a Jeep Commander. Gas hog.

Still have my '15 wrangler though. Keeping that baby. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
No trade but I will be selling my 2007 Audi A4 wagon when I take delivery of the Crosstrek. After a year of riding in the back seat because of a passenger front airbag recall that is still outstanding my wife is fed up!

I love the A4 but tired of feeding it Premium gas as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1997 Toyota Tacoma w/370k on the ODO. Not a trade in, I sold it first. Loved that truck but it was not a good commuter vehicle and that's what I needed mostly. I can still go out in the country off paved roads and in fact the Subaru is way better for that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Traded a 2018 BMW M140i in for my 2018 crosstrek......whilst the bmw was very,very fast it was a very uncomfortable car,the primary and secondary ride being poor,even for a performance car.

I found the seating also to be uncomfortable and the rear legroom limited.

No Android auto which I thought I could get around but missed having it.

Far too many on the road for me too,I tend to buy rarer cars and in the uk,Subaru don't sell that many cars anymore.

Anyway,traded in the bimmer and absolutely love my crosstrek (still called xv here) and don't regret it for a minute.

I might look at adding a brz to the stable in the future tho😁

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I traded a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta with 210,000 miles on it. Loved that car, very fun to drive; but the maintenance began getting old. I do still miss the VW at times, but do not regret getting my (pre-loved) 2013 Crosstrek - at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 VW GTI SE... Started to get a "little too low to the ground" once I hit 50 a couple years back. Prior to that I had a 2004 SAAB 9-3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gave up on a 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with everything on it. Could NOT modify lighting to LED without converters on every light source. More comfortable than the Crosstrek and larger, but not being able to upgrade a modern electrical system did not make any sense to me. Love my 2016 Crosstrek Limited. Not as big, not as comfy, not as off road ready.............But it can be modified much cheaper then a Jeep. A lot better fuel milage too. IMHO

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, newbie here!

I've had a history with Subarus for the last 15 years. Had a 2001 Forester "Blue Ridge edition" for a few years, gave it to the woman, bought a 1998 Forester with an STI swap, sold it 2 years ago and bought an '04 Forester XT. The XT is now for sale because on Monday I'm going to pick up my 2017 Crosstrek "Kazan edition". Very hyped! I might not be "as sporty/fast" as the last turbo Foresters but it's going to be peace of mind. I already have a list of things to tweak/change/upgrade ... my wallet is already screaming.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2009 Forestor Premium with about 160000 miles on it. Had it since new and could not believe the cost of repairs over the years. It was going through brakes and bearings like mad. Not to mention the horrible gas mileage (21-23 mpg). I did prefer the acceleration to this car, but not at the cost of the poor fuel economy.

·
Registered
'21 Outdoor PYP "Fiona"
2 Posts
We had Subarus before, an '02 Outback sedan and an '06 Tribeca, but both got hit with head gasket issues (despite being the H6-3.0 engine), so we went with Kia the next time around.

BIG mistake: engine failure after 4 years, no warning whatsoever. Replaced under warranty, but reading up on the issue it was clear that the new engine was the same as the old engine and could just do it again, and they refused to extend the warranty. If they have no faith in it then neither do I! To make matters worse, the people at the local Kia dealer are the worst I have ever dealt with, just unpleasant and rude.

Looking at the options, it was clear that Subarus were still the most appealing vehicles, and since the head gasket years are supposedly behind them, we thought we would give them another shot. So we traded the Kia and a week ago took delivery of our shiny new PYP Outdoor model. Very happy so far!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gave back my leased 2017 Impreza Limited for a 2021 Crosstrek Limited sans moon roof which I never used and the Nav & HK sound system which I thought were a needless extravagance. I'd opted for the Impreza because it was almost identical to the '17 Crosstrek but it being lower and myself being height challenged, it seemed that it would be easier to load my kayak onto the roof. Three years later with the new engine, a few Eyesight improvements and more practice getting the kayak on top, it seemed time to step up to X-mode. Just wish I had gone with the HK sound system again in the Crosstrek, 'cause the base system sucks in comparison.

241 - 256 of 256 Posts