Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As a new Crosstrek owner and a first time Subie owner (though I have wanted a Subie for years) I just wanted to know what I need to know.

I have been reading the posts and have picked up some good info overall but I would love for all of you to chime in on things to watch for.

I plan on using the Crosstrek mostly for camping, hiking and photo runs out to the desert and the mountians, but I will also use it for hauling a cargo bin full of golf clubs a few times a week.

Since that is my main use, I think I should order the bumper protector and the seat back protectors ASAP.

I was curious if any of you replaced the oil and filter sooner than the recommended 7500 miles. I always replaced the break-in oil between 750 and 1000 miles in the past.

I was curious how many people had fabric seat issues, and how many of you are using decent seat covers.

Are there any kits that improve the HP, torque or drivability of the car in the mountains?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing, looking through all the photos on this site, am I the only person who bought a blue crosstrek?

-Spencer

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I had the bumper protector and seat back protector on mine and I feel they were really worth it, especially the seat back.

I did my first oil change around 3,500 miles. Not sure where I got that number, but I feel like I read it somewhere so just went with it haha. I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.

I had the tan fabric interior and I would highly recommend seat covers. I don't know why I never did it, but by the time I traded in my XV my seats were pretty dirty. They were able to be cleaned, but just a hassle. Wet Okole makes amazing seat covers from what I've heard but they will cost you a pretty penny.

I don't know much about improving HP/TQ, but I'm sure there's some things to make mild differences.

Finally, yes, it seems blue Crosstreks are pretty rare, but they look great IMO. Thanks for joining the site and enjoy your XV!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts