Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what mods people have done to the interior? I just ordered the all weather mats and the center console tray. My brother in law is hooking me up with a Momo shift knob so that'll be screwed on this weekend. Not sure there's much more you can do interior wise.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't plan on doing much with the interior. About all I plan on doing is adding WeatherTech floor liners.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I picked up some soft black rubber cup holder and accessory bin liners on eBay...They have a red trim that goes nice with my Khaki CVT Premium and it's black interior. All of them they say "Subaru XV" on them. Nothing too showy and they can be removed at a moment's notice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the Subaru all-weather mats and center console tray. My Wetokole seat covers finally arrived a couple weeks ago(they aren't joking about the wait time) and they fit really well. My GF doesn't like the red piping, but I personally love it. Anyone who is looking for seat covers I highly recommend these.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tech707 said:
I have the Subaru all-weather mats and center console tray. My Wetokole seat covers finally arrived a couple weeks ago(they aren't joking about the wait time) and they fit really well. My GF doesn't like the red piping, but I personally love it. Anyone who is looking for seat covers I highly recommend these.
I think they look great. How do they look from the back seat?

·
Registered
74 Posts
CrossTrekFan said:
Tech707 said:
I think they look great. How do they look from the back seat?
Thank you the fit is AWESOME. Totally worth the wait. Here is a pic of the back with optional pocket on the passenger side.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks for the photo! Those look great. I see why people rave about them now. I'm thinking black with matching orange in the center for my XV at some point.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chrisp said:
I picked up some soft black rubber cup holder and accessory bin liners on eBay...They have a red trim that goes nice with my Khaki CVT Premium and it's black interior. All of them they say "Subaru XV" on them. Nothing too showy and they can be removed at a moment's notice.
Do you have a picture of yours or a link to the product? I'm interested in this.

Tech707 said:
FWIW, I think the red piping looks awesome. I still need to order some covers.

Other than seat covers, I want the middle console tray and that's probably about it. Maybe a custom in-dash tablet situation (such as a Nexus 7) but I don't know anything about doing that myself.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tech707 said:

The covers look awesome and I might actually give up my Hawaiian print covers for these.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm gonna spring for the all-weather mats in a few weeks. A must for nasty weather. Trying to talk my better half into seat covers to preserve the leather... I have work to do.... Lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Xtrekr said:
I'm gonna spring for the all-weather mats in a few weeks. A must for nasty weather. Trying to talk my better half into seat covers to preserve the leather... I have work to do.... Lol
if you can, spring for Weathertech or Husky liners. The floor coverage is far superior to the Subaru floor mats.

If you do decide to go with the Subarus, I think my XV is going to come with them and I should have it in the next day or two. First thing I'll be doing is pulling them and putting my Weathertechs in. I'll likely sell the Subaru ones for a little less than new.

I still say go WT or Husky, though :p

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
chasem said:
Xtrekr said:
if you can, spring for Weathertech or Husky liners. The floor coverage is far superior to the Subaru floor mats.

If you do decide to go with the Subarus, I think my XV is going to come with them and I should have it in the next day or two. First thing I'll be doing is pulling them and putting my Weathertechs in. I'll likely sell the Subaru ones for a little less than new.

I didn't know the WeatherTechs covered so much more floor space. I just kind of assumed they were an alternative to the already rugged Subaru mats.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah, the Subaru mats basically just cover the flat portions of the floors. The Husky ad WTs go up the sides, cover the dead pedal, and go up under the accelerator/brake/clutch pedals. They're designed to actually catch a fair amount of mud/snow/water.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
chasem said:
Xtrekr said:

I didn't know the WeatherTechs covered so much more floor space. I just kind of assumed they were an alternative to the already rugged Subaru mats.
Thanks so much for that important info!!! WT or Husky it will be. If you post up a pic of the difference side by side when get them that would be great.... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Xtrekr said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
chasem said:
Xtrekr said:

Thanks so much for that important info!!! WT or Husky it will be. If you post up a pic of the difference side by side when get them that would be great.... Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Certainly will, I'll add that to my list.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I do like the WT's... just wondering how they compare sis by side to the Husky's.... hmm $40 difference in price..... probably worth it though....

I really like how the WT's come up over the sunken portion of the floorboards....

·
Registered
500 Posts
Xtrekr said:
I do like the WT's... just wondering how they compare sis by side to the Husky's.... hmm $40 difference in price..... probably worth it though....

I really like how the WT's come up over the sunken portion of the floorboards....
I can't speak from experience yet, but I went with the WTs over the Husky liners for a couple reasons, all of which I gleaned from other forums where people shared their experience. The following is what I read. If any of it is inaccurate, feel free to chime in. But I went with WTs because I read that:
1) WTs are more rigid
2) Huskies, being less rigid, tended to cause people to catch their feet on the lips when climbing in or out of the vehicle
3) WTs fit the contours of the floors more tightly/accurately
4) Huskies have a flap covering the fuel door release. It can be cut out, so this is minor
5) Huskies, being less rigid and a different material, have more of a chance to become deformed. The user who stated this also said they could be reformed.

I almost went with Husky because:
1) They're cheaper
2) They cover even more of the area under the pedals than the WTs

Again, this isn't from personal experience, but from what I read across several fora.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts