Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

What is the proper nickname and spelling thereof for a Subaru?

26K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  GT Rick 
#1 ·
And does it vary by country?

I have seen:

Subie
Suby
Subi
Soobie
Sooby
Soob
Roo
?????

Is it poll worthy once we get a list of potential names to run it up the flag poll

#2 ·
Hmmm ! Subaru and XV owners in particular are not very "proper", name-wise at least. All these Yankees up in Vermont driving Subarus have on their license tag the state slogan "Live Free or Die".! Deep down they've always been independent and revolutionary. I mean the "state car" is a Subaru ! Talk about contrary ! Very, very un-proper !
So, I wouldn't be surprised to learn their nickname for their weather beater was more on the "Mabel" or "Mattie" or even a "Gertrude", all old Yankee "get thru the snowdrift" names, in the spirit of "dam the torpedoes...FSA !"
;D Just my opinion of course.... 8)

#8 ·
Hmmm ! Subaru and XV owners in particular are not very "proper", name-wise at least. All these Yankees up in Vermont driving Subarus have on their license tag the state slogan "Live Free or Die".! Deep down they've always been independent and revolutionary. I mean the "state car" is a Subaru ! Talk about contrary ! Very, very un-proper !
So, I wouldn't be surprised to learn their nickname for their weather beater was more on the "Mabel" or "Mattie" or even a "Gertrude", all old Yankee "get thru the snowdrift" names, in the spirit of "dam the torpedoes...FSA !"
;D Just my opinion of course.... 8)
That's New Hampshire bud....

#3 ·
I think it would be a fun poll. Be interesting to see it on the Oz XV forum too, to get some international flavors in there. Seems like you have a pretty good list already. Maybe just add "other" as the last one for those names which aren't on the list, and people can put their "other" in their postings?