Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

Later this week I will be ordering a new 2019 Crosstrek. Can I get some advice on what options are worth adding on?

My plan is to get 2019 Crosstrek, Premium Trim, Cool Gray Khaki. 6 Speed MANUAL transmission. I see I get no choice of interior upolstery....will be black with the orange stitching.

Q1. I plan on getting front seatcovers, as my work can be messy. Any recommendation of best brand of seatcovers with best fit, etc?

Q2. I plan on getting the "Rear Bumper Cover" and "Rear Seatback Protector." Any thoughts on these?

Q3. I was planning on getting the factory "All Weather Floor Liners" but then I saw a post (maybe on here?) saying the Husky Weather Beater brand aftermarket floor liners were BETTER than that factory floor liners. Factory cost, $132; Husky brand, $165. Any one have an opinion?

Q4. I am interested in getting a trailer hitch. The factory option seems expensive, at $610, and I think is an 1 and 1/4 inch size receiver. I think I am better off installing an aftermarket, 2 inch size receiver hitch. Not a hard install, and half the price. Has any one got experience with the factory hitch, or, installing your own aftermarket hitch? Am I right that 2 inch is better (for bike racks, etc.?)

Q5. Is it true the "Cargo Tray" and "Cargo Cover" are included in the Premium Trim level?

Q6. Is the set of four "Splash Guards" worth anything, at $153?

Q7. Is the "Body Side Molding" worth the $292 cost?

Q8. Anyone ever bought the "Engine Block Heater" ? Factory cost, $175. I put an after market version in a Honda once, so I'm familar with the concept but is the Subaru OEM heater good? I don't especially need this I admit. Is there an aftermarket brand that's as good?

Q9. Is the "Crossbar Set (Aero)" for the roof rails helpful? Is the Crossbar Set available from the factory good, or are there better aftermarket crossbars, etc?

Q10. That's all I can think of. Do you have other suggestions on how to customize my order? Not that worried about the final cost, but not afraid to go with aftermarket accessories if they are better than the OEM options I can order with the car.

Thanks for your help!

Ray
Albany, New York

·
Registered
37 Posts
Q1, Q2, Q6 and Q7: good add-ons; Q3: The Huskies are a better buy; Q4: The dealer price is ridiculous. My SARIS 2-bike rack takes a 1-1/4" receiver. A CLASS II DRAW-TITE receiver will cost under $120 and is easy to install; Q5, Q8: IDK; Q9: I bought the roof rails and have mounted a bike rack on them. So I think they're a good option; Q10: The Eyesight, adaptive cruise control and side traffic monitoring are great safety options. I would get those.

I hope this helps. Good luck....

·
Registered
401 Posts
The seat back protector and rear tray liner are meant for the car and look fantastic.
The auto dim mirrors, all 3 are amazing.
The husky mats are better than the weatherteck and far better than the useless ones from Subaru.
The tonau cover keeps your locked up stuff away from prying eyes.
The rear bumper protector keeps your dogs from scratching it.
And the side door strips keep the doors from becoming dent magnets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okie,
Thanks for the feedback. On the roof rack, the car comes with the "rails"....are you saying you liked the optional "crossbars" ?

I'm convinced to do my own trailer hitch, at some later date.

The "Eyesight" features are great....especially the lane departure function, but believe it or not it is NOT available with the manual transmission. Oh well.

Ray

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ray, I hope I am not too late to chime in. If you are man enough to drive stick you can forget the mud guards. Don’t get the factory crossbars; they have limited capacity. I have Yakima bars on mine and have carried 4 kayaks. I am not sure you can get a 2 inch hitch for this car. More choices for bike racks etc. I had the fancy black seat back covers but they looked cooler than they were. I had to vacuum under them at the base and it was kind of a pain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts