Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and I absolutely love my 2014 XV and I am still in a little bit of shock that at 25,600 miles on the odometer the driver's side rear wheel bearing had to be replaced. I' wondering if this is a common problem with these cars, my car was never in an accident and it's driven responsibly. This is my 1st Subaru and I've noticed some quirky engineering / design things but I've never had a bearing fail under 180,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
I don't think it is a common problem, but I do believe it has happened to a small amount of members.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had to replace one wheel bearing on my 2014 Crosstrek. Thankfully it was covered under 60,000 miles. On the other hand, my roommate has replaced THREE wheel bearings on his 2013.

My mother also has a 2013 Crosstrek and recently replaced a rear wheel bearing.

Clearly there's a pattern here within the first two production years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had the driver's side rear wheel bearing of my 2016 replaced by the dealer with just shy of 60,000 miles on the odometer. Fortunately the repair was covered by the warranty. The technician assigned to check out my car admitted that this issue/repair is common for the Crosstrek as well as the Forester.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2013 has 108K. I just replaced all 4 along with the front lower ball joints & tie rod ends. Right rear was the only bad one but I figured that it wouldn't be that long before the others went. Had to wail the crap out of them to get them out of the hubs. Found it was easier to remove the entire front hub & do it on the workbench especially as the CV knuckle shrouds the hub bolts. Tight & happy now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts