Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little more than two weeks ago we took a trip of 1650 miles in our new XV. We drove across northern Ohio, through Indiana nearly across Illinois and back home to north east Ohio. I saw a total of two Crosstreks! I saw one in Ohio and another in Indiana. It's possible that there were others out on the interstates that I missed, but I really expected to see more of them out there. I guess XV's are still fairly rare in the Midwest. The car performed well the entire trip!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strange! Today I took my wife to an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic and I saw 3 Crosstreks! You know, perhaps the Crosstreks just come out on certain days. Anyway, it was nice to see them somewhere other than at a Subaru Dealership or in my driveway..

·
Registered
259 Posts
I only saw 3 on my 2500 mile journey from Louisiana to Cali, but that was all interstate. I know there's 2 orange Treks and 1 white Trek in Chico CA. I saw those last weekend when I went explore the city. There was also 1 orange one near my hometown in Louisiana.

I had a job near Billings MT during the spring and I saw 4 there.

Definitely not the most common car on the road, which I like.

·
Registered
32 Posts
heck i know of at least 4 others in noblesville, indiana... population is about 52k

our local subaru deal can't keep many in stock. I checked: only one 2013 and about 10 2014s last week!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Though Montana isn't quite the Midwest, there are a bizillion Subarus in the town where I live. You can't throw a cat without hitting two or three of them, and I've read that there are more vehicle registrations for Outbacks here than any other non-pickup model.

There are nowhere near as many Crosstreks as Outbacks, of course, but the number of Crosstreks is growing fast. They're common enough that I don't even consciously notice them most of the time ... unless they're orange, of course.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found one black Crosstrek on my way home last night....the 20-something woman driving it had rear-ended an elderly couple who were driving a large sedan with chrome bumpers.....she lost that battle. This was in North Reading, MA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've actually noticed quite a few in MA and NH especially since I've bought mine. Then again I think New England probably has a higher concentration of Subarus than anywhere else in the country

chrisp said:
I found one black Crosstrek on my way home last night....the 20-something woman driving it had rear-ended an elderly couple who were driving a large sedan with chrome bumpers.....she lost that battle. This was in North Reading, MA.

It's sort of funny you mentioned that. The whole reason I became interested in the Crosstrek was because I saw an Orange one in Hooksett NH a few months ago that had been crunched from behind in a car accident

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, my buddy here at work in Wilmington, MA, told me that his nephew in Arizona ordered one and has to wait a 4 weeks it to show up. While we have 10+ at each of our three local dealers...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just took a week long trip from southern California to northern California. Here in Southern California, I might see one or two Subarus a day...and maybe one or two Crosstreks in a week. Wow...when I got to northern California (San Francisco Bay area and north), probably every third car on the road is a Subaru. I am not even exaggerating either. Everyone has a Subaru in San Francisco and up northwards along the coast. One day alone I saw three of my exact same color and model. It was crazy. Today is my first day back in So-Cal and I saw only one Subaru, a WRX, on the drive in this morning. Now I know why my friends asked me if I was turning into a "tree hugging hippie" when they found out I bought a Subaru! LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you drove through Chicagoland you may have missed me. I am in a DGM in the West suburbs, but commute into Chicago for work regularly. Having said that, I rarely see them as well. Lots of Foresters and Outbacks, a few Imprezas here and there also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've passed a few orange ones here in Kansas City, and had an orange one with a young woman driving it suddenly slow down next to me on the right. I don't know if she was checking out my vehicle or me (I'm guessing the vehicle). lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts