Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
I would say it would have to be the ones with not only add-ons, but those who modded what they had.

Plasti-dipping the badges and grilles and moldings are a biggie.

I haven't seen too many with aftermarket wheels as of yet.

Some of us have tinting, rear spoilers, moon-roof and hood protectors and side window deflectors.

Upgrades to Audio System with the kicker upgrade is a big plus.

LED/HID conversion

Off the top of my head.... thats what I can think of.... well... there is a 2" lift that I have yet to see installed....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Re: Who has the most modified XV?

Xtrekr said:
I would say it would have to be the ones with not only add-ons, but those who modded what they had.

Plasti-dipping the badges and grilles and moldings are a biggie.

I haven't seen too many with aftermarket wheels as of yet.

Some of us have tinting, rear spoilers, moon-roof and hood protectors and side window deflectors.

Upgrades to Audio System with the kicker upgrade is a big plus.

LED/HID conversion

Off the top of my head.... thats what I can think of.... well... there is a 2" lift that I have yet to see installed....
I think YOU would definitely be in the top contenders for most modified XV as of right now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
603 Posts
Awesome!!! A 2" lift?? Where is that at?

Wait, I thought lifting the car totally wipes out your warranty??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mods so far:
Plasti dip and carbon fiber wrap grill
Carbon fiber wrapped shifter plate
U Haul hitch
There are many more to come

·
Registered
714 Posts
It'll pick up soon enough!

All I've done so far is:
Remove all rear badges
Thule rack
Caruso Motorsports Front Skid Plate

Much more to come. I have a set of whiteline rear end links I'm going to see if they fit soon. They're for the WRX/STI hatch but it might work!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Curent mods for mine:
1. Subaru Sport grill
2. 20% Tint front windows
3. Dipped back Emblems
4. Dipped rear bumper guard
4. Painted black Rubberized fog light housings
5. Subaru Back seat protectors
6. Orange Rocky Mount "Tie Rod" bike rack (on roof)

Wish list:
1. Dipped Door guards
2. Polk DXI component speakers front and back.
3. Custom fiberglassed cabinet and subwoofer
4. Amps
5. Class 2 hitch
6. Trailer
7. More gas

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have all add-ons

Rear spoiler
Hood protector
Side window deflectors
Moon roof deflector
UNIBAR
Tint
Custom decals

I want:
Kicker upgrade
Full LED conversion in and out
Hella horns
Wheels
Maybe CF wrap or some plast-dip... Not sure yet

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Oh gosh...

well, if I had my XV now and completed installing stuff via my wishlist, I might be up there.

I'm waiting for someone to get the upgraded suspension/chassis parts with quick-disconnect sway bars and a lift kit w/ all terrains. I would really want to see that!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
AWDfreak said:
Oh gosh...

well, if I had my XV now and completed installing stuff via my wishlist, I might be up there.

I'm waiting for someone to get the upgraded suspension/chassis parts with quick-disconnect sway bars and a lift kit w/ all terrains. I would really want to see that!
I think if you had your wish list installed, you would definitely take the cake for most modified.

A bit off-topic, but what's the purpose of disconnecting the sway bar? I am a total noob to that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
927 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
AWDfreak said:
Oh gosh...

I think if you had your wish list installed, you would definitely take the cake for most modified.

A bit off-topic, but what's the purpose of disconnecting the sway bar? I am a total noob to that kind of stuff.
Purpose of of the 'anti-sway' bars is just that... it stops 'the roll' or lean when you enter a corner, or have one wheel higher off the ground than another, your body will follow or lean to the down side of the slope. when you disconnect the anti-sway bar(s) you essentially let your suspension work the unven ground with much less effect on the body.

If my anti-sway bar up front was hooked up, it holds the axle as close to parallel to the body as it can ( for the most part )... this would not be possible if connected....

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Purpose of of the 'anti-sway' bars is just that... it stops 'the roll' or lean when you enter a corner, or have one wheel higher off the ground than another, your body will follow or lean to the down side of the slope. when you disconnect the anti-sway bar(s) you essentially let your suspension work the unven ground with much less effect on the body.

If my anti-sway bar up front was hooked up, it holds the axle as close to parallel to the body as it can ( for the most part )... this would not be possible if connected....
That makes....perfect sense! Thank you. I kind of assumed that's what it meant but I wasn't too sure. Besides, I don't mind asking the simple questions so others can get the answers, as well!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Xtrekr said:
I have all add-ons

Rear spoiler
Hood protector
Side window deflectors
Moon roof deflector
UNIBAR
Tint
Custom decals

I want:
Kicker upgrade
Full LED conversion in and out
Hella horns
Wheels
Maybe CF wrap or some plast-dip... Not sure yet

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Hey Todd, don't forget the mod you put on and had to take off!! Just thought I'd give you a hard time!!! ;D

·
Registered
927 Posts
RubySu said:
Hey Todd, don't forget the mod you put on and had to take off!! Just thought I'd give you a hard time!!! ;D

Bob.... anybody ever tell you "YOU SUCK!!!" LOL!!! I won't ever forget.... thanks to great friends like YOU!!!! 8)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Sorry Todd, couldnt resist! ;D ;D . I do think you probably have traveled further down the modifying road than the rest of us....lookin good too 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.