Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally just ordered OEM aero crossbars and a Curt roof rack and now am playing the waiting game. Both are a bit of the cheaper options but I think I will be perfectly happy with them for my needs.

They are also the first accessories I have purchased for my Crosstrek so I am pretty excited for them, as simple as they may be. I will be sure to update with pics once I get them in/on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I will gladly wait with you. But I'm waiting for more money to buy more accessories.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ikon said:
I will gladly wait with you. But I'm waiting for more money to buy more accessories.
I feel ya, Ikon.

Crossbars were the first (any only, so far) thing I've bought for my crosstrek.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Every time I order something online for a vehicle, it begins to monopolize all conscious thought. It's like I'm 4 years old and don't know when Christmas is coming exactly, but I know it's close! I ordered a oil pan and engine gasket set for my 69 Chevy yesterday from Summit Racing. A OIL PAN for crying out loud!! Yet all day I'm thinking "is it here yet, is it here yet, was that the doorbell?". Geez! Whatta gonna do?! We shall wait together my friend- Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ikon said:
I feel you for sure. Been waiting a bit for these two things. Next up I think is the spoiler.

RubySu said:
Every time I order something online for a vehicle, it begins to monopolize all conscious thought. It's like I'm 4 years old and don't know when Christmas is coming exactly, but I know it's close! I ordered a oil pan and engine gasket set for my 69 Chevy yesterday from Summit Racing. A OIL PAN for crying out loud!! Yet all day I'm thinking "is it here yet, is it here yet, was that the doorbell?". Geez! Whatta gonna do?! We shall wait together my friend- Enjoy!
I am the same way with anything I order, not just car stuff. If I ordered it I obviously wanted/need it so the sooner the better!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I so want a spoiler but need cross bars. I gotta get the useful things first

·
Registered
927 Posts
Phillip.... I feel your pain and will wait patiently with you..... I got your back!

Bob,

LOL!!!! I know you will hate me for saying this..... I have a Summit Racing 15 minutes from my house... open 7 days a week... 9am-9pm! ;D 8) Yeah.... I go in there weekly and scavenge thru the bargin bin for ANYTHING Jeep...

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I've got a longer waiting game, to accumulate enough funds just to purchase a Subaru XV!

To prevent so much waiting for individual parts, I'll accumulate more money and try to complete my modification list in one go when I do get an XV.

·
Registered
421 Posts
AWDfreak said:
I've got a longer waiting game, to accumulate enough funds just to purchase a Subaru XV!

To prevent so much waiting for individual parts, I'll accumulate more money and try to complete my modification list in one go when I do get an XV.
Wait... You are a senior member without an XV? Whatcha drivin?

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Ikon said:
AWDfreak said:

Wait... You are a senior member without an XV? Whatcha drivin?
I'm not driving right now. Been getting around by riding my bike(s) and borrowing cars.

This wait of mine may take until I get an XV may take from a year, to maybe even a few years. I'm hopeful it will take only a year. My dedication to this board and occasional visits on other Subaru forums is proof of how strongly I long to own and drive a Subaru XV.

I've chosen to make this one of my primary forums to visit because it's not so big, yet still has enough members to be of real support.
I will continue to research ways I can improve and modify my future Subaru XV until the day I actually get one...

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I've been secretly updating it... if you go to the thread you'll see it's been updated.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Phillip.... I feel your pain and will wait patiently with you..... I got your back!

Bob,

LOL!!!! I know you will hate me for saying this..... I have a Summit Racing 15 minutes from my house... open 7 days a week... 9am-9pm! ;D 8) Yeah.... I go in there weekly and scavenge thru the bargin bin for ANYTHING Jeep...
Arrrrgggghhhhhh! Your killin me ! I can't begrudge that though bro- I'd be right there with you if I were that close...enjoy 8) my bargain bin was Artie from Summit offering me a Summit protective pad for $8.95 over the phone......you know the answer ::)

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Bob.... those mats are awesome!!!! GREAT tool to add to the collection!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lol Xtrekr... You meanie!

Be careful! Living so close to the store, and you did such a wonderful job on our stickers, you may end up getting orders from *us* to fill! Hahahaha!

I think after my nano tint, puddle lights and front/rear skid guards, I want to add one wide flat black racing stripe over the top-middle of my car. Hmmm.

If I won the lottery, I think I would open a US based accessory shop that would finally house all XV and Subie stuff in one place, making it a single trusted source for all things XV, instead of this having to scour sites, use unknown sellers and wait for weeks to get stuff. Then with I would form a "Sturis-like" yearly rally specifically for Crosstreks (though any Subie could participate). Imagine.. Dozens... If not hundreds of Crosstreks all flowing down the highway together, on beautiful Route 66!

Sawwwweeet!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Lol!! I'm not mean....

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looks great Phillip!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 27 Posts