Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey CC,
Not sure if the markings are etched, or laser'd in to the glass. If etched, have you looked at the hobby store for a glass-etching kit? Though, I'm not so sure you could "remove" the markings and return the glass to a glazed finish. But, if you are creative, you might be able to to think of a way to... "re-etch" something else over the current markings. You know.. kind of like people do with old tattoos and want a different picture... hahahaha. The current etching isn't that big. Perhaps a solid block etched over it, and turned in to an "XV" or something?

Any idea if there is some sort of safety, regulation or insurance-reason the etching is "required" on there? If not, and you do this.. maybe you come up with a whole new way to start customizing car windows (just imagine little etched borders around them all). Hahahaa.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, would be funny to re-etch them into something else but I would be afraid to just make it worse.

I was just walking to my car the other day and noticed the etchings really standing out on all three windows from the side and it annoyed me! Haha

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts