Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...our 2019 Crosstrek windshield appears to have a leak - in the fall I noticed on wet days it would be moist on the inside of the windshield. Brought it to the dealer only to have them say that they checked it & couldn't find any issues. I should've known that this probably meant that they hadn't put much effort into it.

So now with the winter weather, on sub-zero days the whole inside of the windshield freezes up with a layer of frost, which shouldn't be happening.

I've only had this on one other vehicle after it was 10+ years old and had some stone cracks in the windshield. The Crosstrek is still in brand new condition...not a mark on it.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or has any suggestions on what it might be. Clearly it needs to go back to the dealer, but I'd prefer to have some idea to present them with to avoid a long drawn out process on getting this sorted out.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you have the sun roof? If so open it up and check the seals - make sure no build up of dirt/debris. Also, I believe there are two drains, one on each side. Make sure they drain and not plugged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the sun roof? If so open it up and check the seals - make sure no build up of dirt/debris. Also, I believe there are two drains, one on each side. Make sure they drain and not plugged.
Hi...good idea...but no, although the Touring Package we added onto our 16 Forester came with a sunroof, the same package on our 19 Crosstrek didn't. I know what you mean...we had an older Mercedes at one point that our mechanic was stumped in figuring out why water was getting into the trunk...wound up trying to fix several other things before landing on the sunroof drains.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try this,before you park the car,run it for a while in defrost mode on high to clear the cabin of moisture.Before shutting the car off,make sure that defrost and AC mode are off,def and AC mode both open the vents, and put it on recirc mode to close the vents to keep the moisture in the outside air outside.I don't know how the new cars are but you may need to close the vents on each end of the dash manually as it is with my '16 premium.I can't imagine getting that much moisture in the cabin through the windshield without having terrible wind noise at highway speed.Also,the snow stuck to your feet can also be a source of water that can evaporate and then condense on the cold glass so try to keep that to a minimum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When it is cold outside and I am using the defrost, if I leave it on defrost when I get out, there is always frost (if cold enough) or condensation above the defrost vents. If I switch it to the floor before turning off the car, this does not happen.

I don't have to go as far as closing vents, just turning it off defrost does the trick for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts